Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That does look pretty good. I've recently convinced myself that I should get a set of Callaway Apex MBs. Now to rationalize actually buying some...
I can't even remember which model of Calloway's I bought a few years ago - replacing my 25 year old Lynx Parallax...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That does look pretty good. I've recently convinced myself that I should get a set of Callaway Apex MBs. Now to rationalize actually buying some...
Rumor is the Takomo 301 MB is made from the same blank as the Haywood. I've also heard Ram used it, too, but I can't confirm. The lefty 302 is supposed to be out soon.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
True, but in one of them I can shuttle five people, five bikes, riding gear, and a cooler, and go up the pass doing 70. With the AC cranking. And tunes.
And sleep in it for a week with a shell, or tow a 20' trailer. And drive 400 miles on a tank. And go off roading, and drive in fairly deep snow. And find a parking space, where you can get busy in the back seat.
Totally different animals.

That's not the flex he thinks it is.
My hipster neighbor just bought one of those cheap, and admits that he has no idea what it's good for besides delivering small things around town.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
True, but in one of them I can shuttle five people, five bikes, riding gear, and a cooler, and go up the pass doing 70. With the AC cranking. And tunes.
And sleep in it for a week with a shell, or tow a 20' trailer. And drive 400 miles on a tank. And go off roading, and drive in fairly deep snow. And find a parking space, where you can get busy in the back seat.

My hipster neighbor just bought one of those cheap, and admits that he has no idea what it's good for besides delivering small things around town.
Except in this case, that picture was taken here, near downtown Toronto.

That imported mini truck is going to be much more useful and economical down there in that shitshow area. :)

628 Danforth Ave

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Such a rugged individual,

No mendin' fences though?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

Yeah but the other dude can take a year off work and do all the shit most people can only do on weekends because they are pretending to be rich.

So many people over here have dropped near 100k on 76 series Cruisers, 100k for a vehicle that drives worse than my 27yo work truck, awesome!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My rich buddy uses his to haul his garbage cans to the end of his long ass driveway.

I think the point is still valid. My truck has a 6 foot bed and is the smallest full size truck bed I've ever owned. I would prefer a long bed, but good luck finding those. You can't even fit a moto in the back unless the damn tailgate is down. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Let's be honest here, you don't have 5 friends to shuttle. And besides didn't you buy an ebike so you don't have to shuttle?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I only ride up with the ebike. I ride my huffy on the downhills.
I guess I can sorta see the utility. We have wifeys 11 year old Ford Escape to do what that thing does, but the who,e family and dog can fit in it and stay dry.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Sometimes you have to replay the classics

View attachment 194637
What is it from?
When we had our video store the most complained about VHS was(I think) called 'Life is Pain' . I remember projectile vomiting and a guy getting properly pickled to get stitches done because private health was too dear for MX guys.

I'm gonna have to find a copy.