Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I’m assuming this is an early LAN party?
Man, I remember going to a party at a friend’s house in ‘88 or ‘89, they were live streaming with a party in San Francisco. It was a bunch of artists and early tech people from Syracuse University.
I didn’t understand what was going on at all, but I knew it was the future.
It was laggy as hell, but so novel. (We tried to have a virtual jam session, but it was waaaay too laggy)
The best part of the party was they had stripped a 12 foot satélite dish, built a huge bed of coals, and used it as a massive wok.
Mind blowing.
There were a lot of shrooms.
I got laid (sort of, I think we were tripping a little too hard) inside of a huge, empty milk tank (it was an old dairy) that was set up as a bedroom. She was a redhead named Sarah.
Sigh….youth

[/endoldmanreminiscing]

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I’m assuming this is an early LAN party?
Man, I remember going to a party at a friend’s house in ‘88 or ‘89, they were live streaming with a party in San Francisco. It was a bunch of artists and early tech people from Syracuse University.
I didn’t understand what was going on at all, but I knew it was the future.
It was laggy as hell, but so novel. (We tried to have a virtual jam session, but it was waaaay too laggy)
The best part of the party was they had stripped a 12 foot satélite dish, built a huge bed of coals, and used it as a massive wok.
Mind blowing.
There were a lot of shrooms.
I got laid (sort of, I think we were tripping a little too hard) inside of a huge, empty milk tank (it was an old dairy) that was set up as a bedroom. She was a redhead named Sarah.
Sigh….youth

[/endoldmanreminiscing]
yes....dream hack 2000 or something like that...from the other pics it looked like it was in a huge hangar or arena....