Quantcast
You probably need to fish the sandwich out first. Those things run on electricity.
Way back I had a really early Mac which was missing its floppy drive. If I screwed up and inserted a disk, it'd land on the motherboard and short stuff out. I wound up making a teak plug for the hole.

My indigo was fancier but did much less since all the software was financially out of reach.
1686133087536.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Everytime I see this, I always think its of one of a few local places.

Its funny, but its true.

Theres a bunch of these spots:

And this one:
Portland is literally full of them. What's nice is there are now enough cart pods that satisfy both of us. Hell, we have 3 carts in town that are lovely (4 if you count the gyro cart, but the wife isn't a fan). $23 goes a long way at most carts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Portland is literally full of them. What's nice is there are now enough cart pods that satisfy both of us. Hell, we have 3 carts in town that are lovely (4 if you count the gyro cart, but the wife isn't a fan). $23 goes a long way at most carts.
$23 will get you 3 mediocre tacos up here. :rofl:

Food carts aren't really a thing around here, unless you're downtown Toronto - which are all hotdog stands basically and all have to go through leaps and bounds to get licensed by the city.

http://www.dinascuzina.ca/ this is a food truck near the house, haven't tried it yet though. Food trucks are mysteriously expensive too - I'm guessing because they need to pay rent or whatever, to wherever they are stationed. There aren't a lot that actually drive around. This spot does have a wood fired pizza oven on a trailer though, so its on the list.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Food carts aren't really a thing around here, unless you're downtown Toronto - which are all hotdog stands basically and all have to go through leaps and bounds to get licensed by the city.

http://www.dinascuzina.ca/ this is a food truck near the house, haven't tried it yet though. Food trucks are mysteriously expensive too - I'm guessing because they need to pay rent or whatever, to wherever they are stationed. There aren't a lot that actually drive around. This spot does have a wood fired pizza oven on a trailer though, so its on the list.
Tacos are now $3, but still totally worth it. They were $1.50 forever, but still. The "jumbo burrito" is $8 and is borderline challenge burrito. My wife gets 3 meals out of one. :rofl:

There are officially 2 pods in town. One by Safeway and one by the bike shop. The bike shop has the new Thai truck, our favorite hip Korean truck, a legit wood fired pizza cart, and a burger cart I still haven't tried. Safeway has the Gyro cart, shitty Thai cart, ok taco truck, Hawaiian we've never tried, and a breakfast cart that is sometimes open with weird hours.

The good taco cart is stand alone half way between the two pods, all are a mile from the house. The level of support the pod by the bike shop gets is encouraging. We hit a cart at least twice a week. For less than $30 with a 25% tip is tough to beat. The restaurants we have in town mostly suck.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Wife wanted to go to a local todo here in town last weekend.
They had some food trucks in.
Ya, things were not at the level or prices you can seek on TV/SocialMedia
So, we ended up hitting the food trucks.

Couple of prices:

- Smoked Briskit samich - $18.50 - Nice complex smoke profile, well seasoned, juicy, the perfect amount of fat and a decent tab of sauce, not drowning it. Bun was a small Hamburger, and it was not pilled overly high. Sides were generic Potato salad and coleslaw out of a bucket and tasted as such.

- Smoked Pulled pork samich - $16.50 - Not tried, but scuttlebut was it was good, but not a patch on the brisket.

- Jerk Chicken, rice and peas - $17.50 - Had before, if they were to mellow out with the cloves and annise, I was good, but other days, it is too much, especially compounded with Jasmine rice they had this time. Not a fan of the jasmine rice, I much prefer it with the normal basmati please.

- Jerked Pork, rice and peas $17.50 - basically the same issues as the Chicken, but when they get it spiced right for my pallet - O.M.G. These guys are from Jamaica and took over a local variety store. Thurs to Sat they fire up the oil-barrel grills and smoker outside the store...:drool:

- Small Funnel Cake - $10.00, $16.00 lg. I wanted sooo bad, but seeing a small the size of a small teacup saucer, I declined. While not expecting to see a platter sized on like at the big amusement parks, but was expecting a sandwich/salad plate size for a small, and a moderate dinner plate for the large the way Dog intended.

Overall, the food was we had was ok. Servings were small, variety was lacking and the prices were high. Almost would have been better to head down the the Sausage Cart out front of China-Tire for a street-meat with fixings and a pop for 7 bucks.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wonder how much these places pay for those stools?

You can get them at walmart. As witnessed by the two collecting pollen in my backyard. :busted: