Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ahhhh, poop, got it wrong, supplier didn't have any alternator adapter plugs in stock so I went off a random pic on the net.
IMG_20230902_151657.jpg

Get the sense and ignition bass ackwards and the battery slowly drains with the ignition off. If you have a dodgy ignition circuit that drops under load you can cook your battery because your charge voltage will go up by whatever the voltage drop is.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cool, didn't know that! We've seen more lady bugs around this year. But nothing like the door and house covering infestations from a few years ago.

Do you know what this wooly bear thing is?
Common Northwestern Furry Adder. No know antivenom is available. Certain death would result from contact.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Fuck, you don't even know the freaking hysteria the local hiking groups create each year about Monkshood. You'd think that spontaneous combustion was possible just sighting the things.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I really try to not mention that aspect. When working on Frita it's often 3 trips to Ace.
I kind of pride myself on figuring what I am doing and what I need to do when doing car projects. When I did my own fuel injection system on the volvo the only thing I go back and buy was a shielded wire for crank angle sensor as it was picking up too much noise. Also had to weld up a rust hole in the fuel tank that I found when I stripped off the undercoating. But that kind of planning has been part of my job for 20+ years so I have lots of practice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I kind of pride myself on figuring what I am doing and what I need to do when doing car projects. When I did my own fuel injection system on the volvo the only thing I go back and buy was a shielded wire for crank angle sensor as it was picking up too much noise. Also had to weld up a rust hole in the fuel tank that I found when I stripped off the undercoating. But that kind of planning has been part of my job for 20+ years so I have lots of practice.
For me the first trip is the stuff I need right now. Half way in I might figure out a better way to do it, so back to Ace. The 3rd trip it either to return the shit I didn't use, or to grab the one thing I forgot last trip.

80% of my money at Ace is spent on fasteners.

<edit> Ace is 1.6 miles from my house, so it's a 5 minute trip.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wrong side of the continent. I think it is just a moldy fry from a plate of poutine.
I will defer to you. I am not a poutine fan. Cheese curds are a poor grade of cheese. No amount of savory gravy and crispy fries can mask that. Potatoes in Quebec are nasty, and this is why they make poutine with them.