Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I will defer to you. I am not a poutine fan. Cheese curds are a poor grade of cheese. No amount of savory gravy and crispy fries can mask that. Potatoes in Quebec are nasty, and this is why they make poutine with them.
I beg to differ. A local cheesemaker has fresh curd every 2nd Friday. You gotta be quick as they are sold out in a couple of hours. Have never made poutine, as they never last long enough. :drool: And being Quebec is known for cheesemaking, I find it hard to believe they can not source good curd. Only had poutine in QC twice and the roadside stand was much better than the sit-down restaurant which wasn't bad, just didn't hold a candle to that shabby little stand.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Divey places!!!! Driving north of Tillamook we saw a bunch of flags that said “crab”. So we pulled in and it was awesome. Our young one loves oyster raw but not boiled. Afterward we were instructed to throw all the shells in the bay. Which explained the polite and patient seagulls.
A0254C43-1213-40EB-A014-90BC3D96D89F.jpeg
307F7307-BF11-489B-8A12-1A413DDAFF59.jpeg
3E9697E8-ED48-47D6-AD0C-2E25D608AA68.jpeg
1B863526-5879-4808-BA4A-2B39849B2760.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
El Chodo.
IMG_20230905_194843.jpg

I'm old, I look forward to getting photos of spring flowers, what the hell happened to me?!!

EDIT- 35mm macro is weird, the lens was touching the tile trying to get photos of this alien thing.
I don't know if it can turn around in its home and pop out the bottom, if there is two critters in it or if it has two heads, its strange.
Shit photos, not enough light-
IMGK2106.jpg

IMGK2128.jpg

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
RitchyPexus.jpg

That SID was probably one of the most temperamental Forks ever. Luckily I ended up with a lifetime of Enduro fork seal kits. Even a set of bushings. No press to put them in but whatever. I lost the little needle valve for the negative spring. It is still holding air. Rides just as assay as ever. The turd has been finely polished. 8 speed XTR like new. Those levers are still my favorite.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This is pretty awesome if true. I always took issue with cutting down a perfectly good tree and propping it up indoors and hanging a bunch of crap on it and then discarding it after a few weeks. Call me a hippy.
My family did that when I was a child. We bough a small tree in a pot, took it inside for only a couple of days around Christmas, then placed it outside again. If it was small enough, we just transferred it to a larger pot and kept it on the terasse until the next year, if too big to re-use we planted it in the garden. That is why my parents' place looks like a forest. :dirol:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Is that a tourist attraction down there?

We have farms up here that dedicate portions of field for sun flowers, often right next to their road side farm stand. People come from afar to take selfies with the field.

Now they're all droopy and brown.
That’s a production field, but there are some folks that do that. I do plant some for fall photo sessions on my farm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think I have that exact same model in red for driving shoes...but more like $60.
They seem like they would make great driving shoes. The color is sweet, too. But $100 just to say Porsche on them is a bit silly for me.

My Nike SB Ishod's are fantastic driving shoes. Similar style.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They seem like they would make great driving shoes. The color is sweet, too. But $100 just to say Porsche on them is a bit silly for me.

My Nike SB Ishod's are fantastic driving shoes. Similar style.
Found it, $100, not 60.
IMG_4018.png

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My family did that when I was a child. We bough a small tree in a pot, took it inside for only a couple of days around Christmas, then placed it outside again. If it was small enough, we just transferred it to a larger pot and kept it on the terasse until the next year, if too big to re-use we planted it in the garden. That is why my parents' place looks like a forest. :dirol:
There is actually no reason to note keep using the same tree and just bonsai the tree. I have a picea nordmanniana that was somebody's Christmas tree in a pot that I planted in the garden but I keep it at a certain height. Plus it gets more dense and Christmas like the more I prune over the years. Plus this also makes it much easier to keep it in a pot if one chose to as the pruning helps minimize roots going crazy.