Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Serious photographers go for stealthy looking cases, that's no good for forgetful people like me, I went for douchebag orange.
IMG_20230913_204946.jpg

Gonna get rid of the 60-250 and get a 10-17mm fisheye, gotta get photos of people on bikes some time rather than birds.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Serious photographers do not shoot Pentax, so..... :D ;)

Joking aside, why you no backpack?
I assume that is true, yeah it's a shit company.
I'd probably go Nikon when I change teams.

I wanted a sealed box to put the in that I can kick around, previously they all just floated around in a plastic tub.
Don't really need a backpack, I'd only have two lenses with me at a time, I just throw a lens in a camelbak.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I assume that is true, yeah it's a shit company.
I'd probably go Nikon when I change teams.

I wanted a sealed box to put the in that I can kick around, previously they all just floated around in a plastic tub.
Don't really need a backpack, I'd only have two lenses with me at a time, I just throw a lens in a camelbak.
Nah, just most pro photogs are team Canon, Sony, Nikon. Unless you can invest in the highest-end body, the quality of the AF is this in decending order as well.

I use the backpack mainly if I travel and need to bring most of my lenses. For the long lenses I need an extra case though. :s I wish they came out with a compact 100-600, maybe with DO lenses.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nah, just most pro photogs are team Canon, Sony, Nikon. Unless you can invest in the highest-end body, the quality of the AF is this in decending order as well.

I use the backpack mainly if I travel and need to bring most of my lenses. For the long lenses I need an extra case though. :s I wish they came out with a compact 100-600, maybe with DO lenses.
Anything mid range will AF quicker than a Pentax, I still need to send mine back because there still seems to be something weird going on with the metering.
How many lenses can you get in a backpack and which one do you have?
I have a few more lenses but only a couple that didn't succumb to the fungi, there's a desiccant satchel and a hygrometer in the case so no more lenses die.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I've tried several backpacks but never found one I've been happy with. The need to carry both photo gear and other stuff (I'm usually hiking) resulted in a huge, heavy backpack that made me want to leave it all behind. Currently, I have an F-Stop Loka but seldom carry it for that reason.

It's less of an issue now that I've gone mirrorless, but the carry over SLR sized lenses mean I trimmed mere ounces out of the the same dimensional envelope.