Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Anything mid range will AF quicker than a Pentax, I still need to send mine back because there still seems to be something weird going on with the metering.
How many lenses can you get in a backpack and which one do you have?
I have a few more lenses but only a couple that didn't succumb to the fungi, there's a desiccant satchel and a hygrometer in the case so no more lenses die.
I have a Kata, I think it is 36 L. Usually I have 5 lenses and 1 or 2 bodies with me. One lens is on the body.
Lenses I carry depend on where I am travelling to and for what, but usually I pack the holy trinity plus 100 mm macro and 150-600. Too big for riding though and I am still looking for the Evoc CP26 in black for a good price for that. No way I pay 320 € for one! :nope:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
1A7C859C-3350-4FBC-B937-E848707645AF.jpeg

apples!!!!! It’s hard to see in the pic but the apple juice is pink on account of the pink on the inside of the apples I think. Maybe @boostindoubles knows what variety it is, just growing in my yard. I’m about sick of eating them.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
View attachment 200643
apples!!!!! It’s hard to see in the pic but the apple juice is pink on account of the pink on the inside of the apples I think. Maybe @boostindoubles knows what variety it is, just growing in my yard. I’m about sick of eating them.

@junkyard you've got me stumped bro! There's not any commercial varieties that have characteristics like that and I only know about varieties grown commercially or even "industrially" these days.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Well they taste good so I guess that’s all that really counts
There's thousands of varieties out there and until prohibition people didn't really eat apples - just pressed them into cider and made booze. After booze was outlawed the apple growers had to select good eating apples and try to keep their farms alive.

Now apples are selected for reasons mostly relating to color, firmness, susceptibility to pests/disease, growing patterns, and storage characteristics.

Taste is important but hardly what matter when it comes to selecting fruit for production.

Even when an apple is selected for whatever characteristics - it can only be propogated via living tissue. Every apple seed you ever plant will be a complete crapshoot on what it will be like. The seeds are never true to the apple they came out of.

Maybe you have the next big thing!

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have a Kata, I think it is 36 L. Usually I have 5 lenses and 1 or 2 bodies with me. One lens is on the body.
Lenses I carry depend on where I am travelling to and for what, but usually I pack the holy trinity plus 100 mm macro and 150-600. Too big for riding though and I am still looking for the Evoc CP26 in black for a good price for that. No way I pay 320 € for one! :nope:
I bought a skiing backpack sorta thing planning on making an insert for it but never did, the Evoc looks nice.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I bought a skiing backpack sorta thing planning on making an insert for it but never did, the Evoc looks nice.
Sometimes they were on sale for around 200 €, that would be OK. I love that you can access the camera from the side while wearing it. A bunch of WC photogs are using them as well.