Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Did somebody uh... fuck up the rig?
It was on a hardtails group on FB, Japanes dude made a more sensible version then said he wanted a more floppy one so he built that. Supposedly rides really well, HA is 59deg static, my last one was 62.5 and was a bunch of fun but I'm not good enough to make use of a 59deg HA.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I’m over my Pixel. I never liked it much, for a few reasons. Probably going to ask for an IPhone for Hannufestimas.
What’s the oldest one that is worth getting? I am also not into ‘latest and greatest’ anymore, I simply don’t need the storage or RAM, really.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’m over my Pixel. I never liked it much, for a few reasons. Probably going to ask for an IPhone for Hannufestimas.
What’s the oldest one that is worth getting? I am also not into ‘latest and greatest’ anymore, I simply don’t need the storage or RAM, really.
im using a 12 and it seems fairly functional. A new iOS just dropped. We will see if that tanks the performance.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The only reason I would be interested in the brand new one is for the (untested) satélite emergency function, but we just got a damn Inreach.
For me the key features:
Text via internet without a phone plan or WhatsApp internationally
data/picture/other device to device sharing without needing Google mail or Dropbox
apple ‘messenger’
etc.

Anything I am missing?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
The only reason I would be interested in the brand new one is for the (untested) satélite emergency function, but we just got a damn Inreach.
For me the key features:
data/picture/other device to device sharing without needing Google mail or Dropbox
apple ‘messenger’
etc.

Anything I am missing?
But what don't you like aboot your Pixel?
I've got an older 5a 5g and it's been pretty solid. Just wished it was a bit smaller like the regular 5a.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
For me the key features:
apple ‘messenger’
etc.

Anything I am missing?
Im not familiar enough with the newest features or any comparison to Android devices to say what you’re missing, but all of the features you listed are available on older devices. I can do all of those things on the 12 even before the iOS update.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But what doesn't you like aboot your Pixel?
I've got an older 5a 5g and it's been pretty solid. Just wished it was a bit smaller like the regular 5a.
I've been very happy with my 6a and it was damn near free when I got it.

I haven't fucked with an iPhone since the 5 and that was just for work. :rofl: