Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can haz ghost chiliz?
I'm just starting to get a pepper growing. I had a bunch of buds fall, but we have some warmth coming through now. Hopefully it stays until I can harvest! My jalapenos have dark spots, which makes me think they are sick.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm just starting to get a pepper growing. I had a bunch of buds fall, but we have some warmth coming through now. Hopefully it stays until I can harvest! My jalapenos have dark spots, which makes me think they are sick.
These are supposed to stay above 75 and it's been 55 at night and was 60's during the day until last week. I just started getting flowers last week and at this rate they will be back inside on the heat mat long before they are ripe. This is my first attempt at the ghosts. I started with 20 seeds, 8 sprouted, 2 grew. Greenhouse, heat mat, lights, what a pain in the ass. They are in pots so I can bring them in if it gets too cold.

My habs finally budded, too. Not nearly as much work, I just lack the space to do mass quantities like I did in Forest Grove. But I should get a few dozen angry orange bastards.

<edit> Back to random pics
MadDog had the record on the punch machine for a couple hours until some beast of a child crushed it.

Last edited:

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007

Just for conversation sake here, no disrespect, I dont feel this is real. Please allow me to share why:

- I dont think shutters were that fast in 1914 to capture the action
- Why is the front right wheel not blurry or moving and have a bunch of dust around it if it were pushing.
- Why are the wheels straight, if you are pushing in the turn wouldn't we see counter steer

Okay I get it is a little anal but just wanted to share some thoughts on a nice photo.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Just for conversation sake here, no disrespect, I dont feel this is real. Please allow me to share why:

- Why is the front right wheel not blurry or moving and have a bunch of dust around it if it were pushing.
- Why are the wheels straight, if you are pushing in the turn wouldn't we see counter steer

Okay I get it is a little anal but just wanted to share some thoughts on a nice photo.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Okay I get is a little anal but just wanted to share some thoughts on a nice photo.
it is real.
shutters were fast enough back then, but a flash would negate the need for a fast shutter.
from the pic, it looks like the back end went wide and caught some dirt causing it to flip 3 times. and if you look closely, there is a dust cloud around the wheel. the wheels also dont appear to be turned because the right front is flat up against the ground, probably straightening the wheels.

famous painting of accident

description of crash:
John B. Marquis’s strategy was to fuel his car heavy to run the race non-stop. He was leading when taking Death Curve too fast. The Sunbeam rolled three times. Mechanician Harry Hough was thrown clear, but Marquis lay unconscious under the car. Fortunately, the weight of the car was not resting on Marquis. It was thought that he had been killed, but on admission to hospital, miraculously, he had not broken a bone, and thus he survived to drive another day. As noted above, Eddie Pullen went on to win the race. “Death curve” was a name dubbed by newspapers to boost sales. Despite its sinister name, no serious injuries were ever sustained in the course of racing at this corner, but it was a popular viewing point for spectators as many a driver lost control at this turn. It should be noted, however, that H.J. Horsman, an unofficial entrant made an unauthorised foray onto the course and, with his mechanician C.F. Schwartz, perished at this corner in 1916, driving his newly-acquired Mercer.
http://jalopnik.com/5830996/this-was-not-a-fatal-crash
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wall-smacker-art/4838561014/

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you would also think Simon would be smart enough to file a harassment lawsuit, winning easily because of David's online documentation, collecting all of David's website profits, and winning a massive settlement from the employer as they're clearly too lazy to do anything about written complaints, then never work a day in his life again....

...if Simon were a real person.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
you would also think Simon would be smart enough to file a harassment lawsuit, winning easily because of David's online documentation, collecting all of David's website profits, and winning a massive settlement from the employer as they're clearly too lazy to do anything about written complaints, then never work a day in his life again....

good point

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

Does it keep you awake at night? The thought that someone might have made up some of the stuff on the internet?