Quantcast

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Of course, none of the rest of us ever do...
Most of us are not behind the wheel 70 hours during a 7 day week. They also weigh 80,000 pounds and take at least twice the distance to stop compared to a typical car.
100% of the time I am choosing a rear end collision with a mid size SUV over a commercial truck.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Of course, none of the rest of us ever do...
Most of us are not behind the wheel 70 hours during a 7 day week. They also weigh 80,000 pounds and take at least twice the distance to stop compared to a typical car.
100% of the time I am choosing a rear end collision with a mid size SUV over a commercial truck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Phones are #1 to blame in my opinion. The number of people that I see using a phone while they drive is crazy to me. A few months back there was discussion on here that US deaths are up because cars are bigger :confused:
Phones cause the distraction, bigger vehicles cause worse accidents.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Phones are #1 to blame in my opinion. The number of people that I see using a phone while they drive is crazy to me. A few months back there was discussion on here that US deaths are up because cars are bigger :confused:
"Official data linking smartphones and crashes is hard to find, though, given that the police typically don’t ask people involved if they were using phones (and those people might not answer truthfully anyway).

Beyond just display screens, new vehicles have also changed to be wider, longer, taller and heavier. Not only do heavier vehicles hit pedestrians with more force, but they also often have worse brake times, meaning a driver who notices a pedestrian at the last second may strike that person at higher speeds. Studies have also indicated that vehicles with taller hoods are more likely to kill if they hit pedestrians; they strike people closer to the head or torso, instead of the legs."

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"Official data linking smartphones and crashes is hard to find, though, given that the police typically don’t ask people involved if they were using phones (and those people might not answer truthfully anyway).

Beyond just display screens, new vehicles have also changed to be wider, longer, taller and heavier. Not only do heavier vehicles hit pedestrians with more force, but they also often have worse brake times, meaning a driver who notices a pedestrian at the last second may strike that person at higher speeds. Studies have also indicated that vehicles with taller hoods are more likely to kill if they hit pedestrians; they strike people closer to the head or torso, instead of the legs."
Why do you hate freedum to drive a massive pickup truck everywhere that I don't really need ever for the original intended purpose of such vehicles?