Quantcast

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
The Circus Maximus, Rome. Before and after 2000 years. Chariot racing, etc. The tall building that looks like an impressive insurance company is the Palace of Augustus, where he'd have his private gallery to watch without having to actually enter the circus.

The bottom is probably 20-years or so old - When I was there a couple of years ago it's a public, mostly green grass park for concerts, celebrations, etc.

(I like how the distant background is the same in both images, making the Victor Emmanuel Monument somewhat older than I thought. lol.)

d671ed39790f8479e7f141fa179167b5.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think that was taken in the Palouse
Ain't a lot, but there are a few places where good farm country is on old wind blown hills and dunes of loess, both East of the Cascades and East of the Rockies. Before the age of dams and irrigation, was anything on that scale happening in the beast of burden era in the Palouse?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ain't a lot, but there are a few places where good farm country is on old wind blown hills and dunes of loess, both East of the Cascades and East of the Rockies. Before the age of dams and irrigation, was anything on that scale happening in the beast of burden era in the Palouse?
They started growing wheat in the Walla Walla area in the 1860s and by the 1880s the Palouse was full on farm land. It's all dry land agriculture out there.