Quantcast
Are those hybrid varieties that are resistant to the chestnut blight?
I think so, from American Chestnut Foundation. Don't have records, so... These two are seedlings that I overwintered in the greenhouse, which they seem to have liked. Three of my ten trees are sufficiently mature as to produce fertile seed. I have perhaps a half dozen marked to pot up late this fall.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I think old age kicked in today, my brain went-
"Ooh, 40% off the proper Fiskars scissors."
PXL_20240608_050617805_1.jpg

And I bought some hideous looking shoes because they fit and when you're old and have wonky feet, fit is all that matters.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Last time I went to Vivid my niece said her iPhone pictures look better than my DSLR ones, so I took a fisheye and a tilt lens this year.
image000000.jpg

The number of people taking faux modelling shots was of the fucking charts, people have changed since I went 2yrs back.

IMG_20240609_232456.jpg

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The number of people taking faux modelling shots was of the fucking charts
Wife and I were talking about this last night as it's been a trend we've both noticed in our travels these past weeks. The vapid, empty headed fuckery and complete inability to notice that anyone else is around who might actually want to look at or study whatever these stupid people are modeling in front of is peak irritation. They don't even look at the Monet, the Rodin, or the whatever historic place. Just spend 5 minutes getting a 1000 shots for the 'gram and then they bounce. I'm starting to just walk into the pictures of these people.

Now get off my lawn.