Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ok boomer :)
From the companies we use at work I have come to realize that when all the boomers retire, Australia will be fucked!
The next couple of generations have spent so much time whining about how boomers fucked everything up that they forgot to learn how to be good at what they do.
I am properly concerned.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
From the companies we use at work I have come to realize that when all the boomers retire, Australia will be fucked!
The next couple of generations have spent so much time whining about how boomers fucked everything up that they forgot to learn how to be good at what they do.
I am properly concerned.
From my view, they can go ahead and retire already. 65 was many years ago.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am properly concerned.

My field has changed a lot over time so when someone at work talks about their 40 years of experience they are usually talking about obsolete shit from 35 years ago.

But there are places at work where the dudes who used to do everything with slide rules are just a lot better than every one else and the company has suffered when they leave.

What makes it worse is that companies rarely want to invest in employees anymore so newer people are left to their own devices to fuck things up while the experienced folks are being driven hard to produce instead of teaching and mentoring.