Quantcast

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I can't find the original post in the garage journal but it was a dude who got sent down to South America for a maintenance gig on a very remote mining camp and saw a giant snake in the bottom of the hand-dug outhouse, so he moved out of his shanty camp accomodations and into the hardened pump house with all his tools and added the commode.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm not sure I ever saw an electric Hyster, only ever saw one lithium battery forklift, but that was a terrible example.
Is it fully designed around a lithium battery or do they just slap some steel in the battery box to keep the load rating the same as a lead acid battery forklift?
I think SMV do a 16t electric forklift, the current input for the charger was something like 300A.
The electric hyster we used could take lithium ion or lead acid - the cost for lithium ion was 2x the lead acid.

I saw one of those janky imported China Toyota trucks today

Resized_20240814_151026_1723683125051.jpeg

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Old stuff, BTW careful with those controllers, pretty fragile the older they get.
I'm there messing with the tall skinny box. The guy who trained me in this stuff was a Honeywell Engineer in the 70s and 80s - he helped develop all those digital UDCs and analog chart recorders. I've got piles of those things laying around. The industry still uses them for back-up low-temp cut-outs.

Heres my quick fix on an old chart recorder that had burned up its capacitors. No 400uf laying around, how about 4 x100uf in parallel. Works the same!

20240709_132059.jpg

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
You say ocd I say someone you look up to, and hope to one day be as good as.
A good teacher is invaluable.
I'm autistic and have mild OCD. Trust me I get it.
Used to work in networking.
Wiring up a server room and multiple wiring closets by oneself can be a bit :panic:
The worst thing was trying to work in an old combo Network / POTS wiring closet. Those assholes really really like spaghetti. :twitch:

This
1723855040836.jpeg

Not this
1723854954652.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
A good teacher is invaluable.
I'm autistic and have mild OCD. Trust me I get it.
Used to work in networking.
Wiring up a server room and multiple wiring closets by oneself can be a bit :panic:
The worst thing was trying to work in an old combo Network / POTS wiring closet. Those assholes really really like spaghetti. :twitch:

This
View attachment 216916

Not this
View attachment 216915
How it started/How it's going