Quantcast

MonkeyGut

Monkey
Dec 8, 2006
Well, white is the most offended in the color spectrum. I grew up in a Mexican/Okie hood. Lotsa good nicknames and fun was had. The you-all gang always followed with y'all need Lysol was popular. My best friend was called BB for burnt bacon by us and known as coconut by the Mexicans. We all had free reign of each other's houses and I still haven't had food as good as back then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There was this guy at work who has an accident and got burned, we called him Johnny Flames, a friend who's short we call him molcajete legs
In college there were a group of girls that were called Front Butt, Ax Fight (because she looked like she lost an ax fight), and my favorite: Stacy Big Fat Whore.

I had friends called Piss Boy, Butt Plug, and Bitch Tits.

Generally speaking my group of friends went out of their way to be terrible to each other, but we always bailed each other out of jail.

It is amazing how I turned out so refined and sophisticated considering company I used to keep.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have a friend who is half Cambodian and half Iowa corn farmer. He has a t shirt that says "I AM NOT MEXICAN."

He 100% looks Mexican.
I have to admit that sometimes I’ll speak Spanish to waiters/etc here, as they look 100% Hispanic. Occasionally they have been Romanian (where a ton of people speak ok Spanish, Filipinos (also a Spanish colony at some point). Here in Jackson, about 2/5ths of the labor force is Hispanic, with the majority of them originally from Tlaxcala. 10 years ago, you could reliably assume that Spanish would be simpler in many situations. Now, with second and third gen kids coming up who are truly bilingual, you can’t assume that.
Sometimes it’s a bit of a dance as to what language to lead off with, because I don’t want to insult anyone by insinuating that they would prefer to speak Spanish.
Usually I’ll wait to hear them reply in English, and sort of judge by syntax and accent if Spanish might be preferable.
Occasionally they won’t engage, even if I reply in more or less perfect Spanish for their own reasons, I don’t judge.
Most, however, are surprised, as I am a total gringo pálido, but my accent (in Spanish) is almost flawless.
Sometimes I’ll interact with ‘No Sabes’ (2cnd/3rd gen that never learned Spanish), and those interactions can be a little uncomfortable.
Oh, well.
The rest of the planet does this dance on a daily basis, the U.S. is so weird.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have to admit that sometimes I’ll speak Spanish to waiters/etc here, as they look 100% Hispanic. Occasionally they have been Romanian (where a ton of people speak ok Spanish, Filipinos (also a Spanish colony at some point). Here in Jackson, about 2/5ths of the labor force is Hispanic, with the majority of them originally from Tlaxcala. 10 years ago, you could reliably assume that Spanish would be simpler in many situations. Now, with second and third gen kids coming up who are truly bilingual, you can’t assume that.
Sometimes it’s a bit of a dance as to what language to lead off with, because I don’t want to insult anyone by insinuating that they would prefer to speak Spanish.
Usually I’ll wait to hear them reply in English, and sort of judge by syntax and accent if Spanish might be preferable.
Occasionally they won’t engage, even if I reply in more or less perfect Spanish for their own reasons, I don’t judge.
Most, however, are surprised, as I am a total gringo pálido, but my accent (in Spanish) is almost flawless.
Sometimes I’ll interact with ‘No Sabes’ (2cnd/3rd gen that never learned Spanish), and those interactions can be a little uncomfortable.
Oh, well.
The rest of the planet does this dance on a daily basis, the U.S. is so weird.
Sometimes if there's Latinos nearby, I'll rattle off the few spanish phrases I know at him, then wander off. Then they come up to him and start that 150 syllables per second spanish and he's giving me death-eyes lol.