Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Fuck you bird, I just want to load the bike in to the car.
Nup, war cry then wing clapping next to your damn head!
IMG_20240910_084326.jpg

For the rest of the year they just sing happily and don't behave like loudmouth Aussies. But for a month every year they summon Satan and bring da motherfuckin' rukus!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That does no look quick to me.
I guess it is all relative. When it is a bit less than two hours from my door to the site, instead of a 5+ hour drive just to my normal destination put-in choices, then a half day minimum paddle with multiple portages, a couple of nights is quick and easily accessible.

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
any chance that's Bon Echo?!
Bon Echo - I wish I could drop in there for a quick one.
My normal paddle spot is Algonquin.
This trip was to Wildwood conservation area in St.Mary's On. They put 4 paddle / hike in spots around the reservoir, so we thought we would check it out. It kinda sucks compared to what we are used to, but is far closer and is far far better than car camping where you are stacked like rows of cordwood with maybe a shrubbery between sites. I would go back again instead of car-camping as at least you get a 45 minute paddle and some decent privacy. The access trail is a MTB / hiking trail (23km) that circumnavigates the reservoir, that can be used for the "backcountry" site access by hikers, so also got to do some hiking on trails I have not ridden in years.

Saw my first Monach butterfly in years, they used to be all over the place - tried for a 1/2 hour chasing that thing around a medow trying to get a pic. This was the best I could do. :busted:

Monarch.jpg

Wonder if I can figure a way to pack up the trailbike for next trip?

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
The part it got right is upper middle class old guys always go for the corvette. You see them at the car show and they are like "Only 1,341 were made that year with this combination of interior color and rim package." And you're like "Wow that is the lamest thing I've ever heard."

At least the C8 is arguably an actual supercar, so props for that.