Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I still have my Pentax K1000 from high school
I don't remember if we had photography class as an option at school.
My first camera was a Canon Ixus 65, it was a piece of shit.
Then- Panasonic LX3(Magical), Ricoh GXR(Shit), Panasonic GH2(ultra shit), Ricoh GR(Awesome), Fuji something(Hated Fuji lenses), Pentax KP(The tits!) Pentax K3 iii(Meh).

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
I don't remember if we had photography class as an option at school.
My first camera was a Canon Ixus 65, it was a piece of shit.
Then- Panasonic LX3(Magical), Ricoh GXR(Shit), Panasonic GH2(ultra shit), Ricoh GR(Awesome), Fuji something(Hated Fuji lenses), Pentax KP(The tits!) Pentax K3 iii(Meh).
I went to public HS in the mid/late 90's and looking back I'm surprised at the photography resources we had. The school had cameras, film developing equipment, a whole darkroom, projectors (for prints, I forget if that's what they're called) and all the necessary chemicals to develop.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I went to public HS in the mid/late 90's and looking back I'm surprised at the photography resources we had. The school had cameras, film developing equipment, a whole darkroom, projectors (for prints, I forget if that's what they're called) and all the necessary chemicals to develop.
Same, we had a dedicated dark room and lots of toys.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Same, and an amazing teacher. I had him sophomore year and got high with him junior year once he was no longer my teacher. :rofl:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
'Can you have a look at this for me? We misplaced the charger for a while and now it won't charge.'
BMS had switched off, force charge the battery, still no good.
IMG_20240917_105959.jpg

Later got told that the wrong charger had been used, grrrrr.
IMG_20240917_105704.jpg

If you don't have skills, use technology.
Protection diode was shorted.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Same, and an amazing teacher. I had him sophomore year and got high with him junior year once he was no longer my teacher. :rofl:
in 1975 Backpacking was offered as a PE Class at Sata Monica High (as was Surfing). Final was a 3 day pack trip in the Sierras. Mr Beede had a Flask and we had weed and shrooms fucking awesome 3 days in Sequoia National Forest

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
in 1975 Backpacking was offered as a PE Class at Sata Monica High (as was Surfing). Final was a 3 day pack trip in the Sierras. Mr Beede had a Flask and we had weed and shrooms fucking awesome 3 days in Sequoia National Forest
A flask that lasted 3 days?
1726546008973.png