Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of these fancy new "cobots" at work. No cages, light curtains or anything..

@Westy have you worked with any of these yet?
Back in my day all robots were cobots. We didn't need to stinking cages, brain cells and eyeballs stopped you from getting your head torn off.

Our EHS department thinks that things like area scanners, light curtains, and cobots are voodoo technology and bans them so we don't invoke the name of Satan.

Actually will be working on a project next year to demonstrate and convince the safety morons that we can safely implement these things. Management seems to think these are high tech wonders of the future and not just some pussy-assed robot that is too slow and weak to hurt you. I couldn't convince anyone we needed the one capable of a 50KG payload so that it could actually beat you in a fight if it wanted.

Our R&D shitheads like those Universal Robots as it allows them to make careers reinventing features that a Fanuc/ABB robot have right out of the box.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have no 3 phase or any need for an old dinosaur but it's a big old Aussie made unit with $10 on it currently.
1727006061780.png

Turns out the factory is still there and they make Lincoln compressors.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Someone else's pixels:

I traveled to the top of the famous Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii to capture the moment Saturn slipped behind the moon. This was captured using a 14" telescope I borrowed on the island.

1727065083000.png

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I’ve seen exactly one Unno, and that was a year ago. It’s mostly Orbea, Specialized, Cannondale, Rockrider and Haibike. A very different set of bikes here.
Did I miss you moving to Barcelona ? Or are you on a never ending vacation ?