Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gluten Free IPA on the left (they use the red band so they don't mix them up).

I am not an IPA fan, but that is a very good beer. Working on getting it bottled soon, too. I love this town.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sorry - That place is such a crappy tourist trap.
Dude. I live in California so I guess I'm a tourist when I get back to the east coast. In any case, it may be run down, popular, and over-priced, but that doesn't change the fact that IMO it is the best pastrami on the planet. It's also a unique NYC experience.

I'll be in the City for Thanksgiving this year. Got a suggestion for a better place?

And since this is a pic thread, here is a pork belly:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Of course I have other suggestions or it would have been rude to complain. If you talking sandwich there is a Greek place around the corner that has a the most amazing lamb sandwich. I have a Greek friend and he even has to go by that place that sandwich:

Soft ciabatta bread, a savory tomato aioli combined with a little bit of bite from some arugula and the tenderest lamb.

Then around the corner there are two other places. One has a spicy meat ball sandwich that is really good and the other place has a jerk chicken sandwich which is great but they do not come close to the lamb one.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Of course I have other suggestions or it would have been rude to complain. If you talking sandwich there is a Greek place around the corner that has a the most amazing lamb sandwich. I have a Greek friend and he even has to go by that place that sandwich:

Soft ciabatta bread, a savory tomato aioli combined with a little bit of bite from some arugula and the tenderest lamb.

Then around the corner there are two other places. One has a spicy meat ball sandwich that is really good and the other place has a jerk chicken sandwich which is great but they do not come close to the lamb one.
The best sandwich I get in the city is the grilled skirt steak from Num Pang on W 12th. That lamb sandwich needs investigating though, where's it from?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Langer's is alright :D, Brent's in Northridge rules! Luckily i have accounts all through the valley and downtown LA so i get to experiment all the good food places and I'm on a Brent's kick right now.

Black Pastrami Ruben :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Apparently it's a matter of opinion. I've had Langers and was not impressed. Katz's gets my vote. Anyway, I'm in SF and with very few exceptions, it's a deli wasteland here.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I know it sounds crazy, but it's not an outrageous heat. It's hot for sure, but taken in small amounts, it's very good. The first batch was 1 small pepper and 1 cup of water, the second batch was 2 small peppers and a 1/2 cup of water. So awesome. It's an unusual heat that really stays on your tongue. It creeps up on you, then stays with you for about a half hour afterwards. I was sitting on the couch sweating with a smile on my face.

I haven't gotten crazy with it, yet. :rofl:

<edit> it could be that the smaller peppers are less angry, too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know it sounds crazy, but it's not an outrageous heat. It's hot for sure, but taken in small amounts, it's very good. The first batch was 1 small pepper and 1 cup of water, the second batch was 2 small peppers and a 1/2 cup of water. So awesome. It's an unusual heat that really stays on your tongue. It creeps up on you, then stays with you for about a half hour afterwards. I was sitting on the couch sweating with a smile on my face.

I haven't gotten crazy with it, yet. :rofl:

<edit> it could be that the smaller peppers are less angry, too.
Cheeze powder?

For **** sakes man, what is wrong with a block of reg'l'ler cheese?

You do know that cheese is preserved milk. Powdering it is like pickling beef jerkey.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cheeze powder?

For **** sakes man, what is wrong with a block of reg'l'ler cheese?

You do know that cheese is preserved milk. Powdering it is like pickling beef jerkey.
I love the nacho cheese powder, it's like crack, only nachoier.