Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
from my roof 30 min ago, a local arsonist's latest work (suspected to have set over a dozen forest fires recently)

brown/grey mountain's majesty:

got the slurry bomber right as it passed into view (dot in middle)

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Those boys have been super busy. My office is right by Rocky Mountain airport where they reload, seems like every time you look out the window another water bomber is flying over.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Glen Eryie has been evacuated and some peeps I know on teh west side are sweating bullets. Heard there might be a fire off of Lower Gold Camp now too.

*edit:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo -

Units responding to a reported wildland fire above Cheyenne Canyon, units on scene found a smoldering fire and are addressing the issue.

http://www.krdo.com/news/Wildfire-in-in-Cheyenne-Canyon/-/417220/15221136/-/f4ngsaz/-/index.html
Someone needs to tell Teller County Sheriff the guy they are looking for has moved to El Paso County.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i think someone's getting rid of bodies
Never going to be a better time. Evacs now occurring in the city "proper" (I use the word loosely)
According to the city of Colorado Springs:

MANDATORY EVACUATIONS:

-- All residents west of 30th Street from Gateway, near Garden of the Gods park, north to Centennial Boulevard, and the Mountain Shadows neighborhood from Centennial to Chuck Wagon Road.
http://www.gazette.com/articles/north-140756-mountain-evacuations.html
It jumps the freeway Ima start packing boxes. :twitch:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Watching those Berries. Killed 2 crows today... Put them out in a soccer field and the falcons swooped in and snatched them up behind sch #1 Warm humid weather = bounty on peas and peppers. Cukes and mators are doing well... Corn not so much... Poison ivy everywhere, horse fly's too...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^ uh, now that manitou's evacuated, you're next

not "your" next
"you're" next

e: going to denver for the day - yay asthma!