Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
If you can't justify the cost for this kind of happiness...you don't deserve to be happy. ;)

I don't think I would say $200 for a complete setup is overpriced....still planning on getting one. Possibly before my Gooseberry Mesa trip in Nov.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The ENO hammocks are nice. Great for back country trips because they are light. I got the hammock, then picked up a different strap set, as the ENO ones are too stretchy and too short. I still need to get a rain shelter and mosquito net though.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
$200??? What???

No. $60 for the Doublenest, $25 for the Pro Straps and $80 if you just HAVE to have their branded tarps. Everybody but me has the hammock/strap combo and then hangs any old tarp over a string and stays as dry as me, but with $80 in hand.

If you shop the hunting websites, you can get the Doublenests for $40. Buy the damn hammock. If you feel like you need the fly, worry about it down the road. Nobody understands until they actually own one. And use a camp pillow if you're gonna sleep in it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The ENO hammocks are nice. Great for back country trips because they are light. I got the hammock, then picked up a different strap set, as the ENO ones are too stretchy and too short. I still need to get a rain shelter and mosquito net though.
Yeah, I've told them to stop selling the basic Slap Strap. I live in NC with tons of trees around and they're still useless. The Pro Straps is what I have now and their range is way better. Most people here just use webbing from a climbing store. The new ATLAS straps are sort of dummy proof too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Yes...they are really just hanging tents.

So you have spent the day hiking along in the rain. It is nice to know you always have a dry spot to sleep at the end of the day. I like sleeping in mine. When its hot and humid out I like the cool air flowing under me. I don't know anyone who doesn't love theirs...