Quantcast

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
From the first comic Jodorowsky and Moebius did together. I might want to get something from there tatooed on me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
such a waste.
When I visited the Giant Sequoias in Yosemite I remember the tour guide saying that very often when the trees were cut down they were used for toothpicks because when they fell they were so massive they just broke apart.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
When I visited the Giant Sequoias in Yosemite I remember the tour guide saying that very often when the trees were cut down they were used for toothpicks because when they fell they were so massive they just broke apart.
Did he tell you Santa Claus was real, too?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Did he tell you Santa Claus was real, too?
Found this on the internet, must be true:

The sequoia bark itself also has very many unique characteristics designed to help the tree to persevere for so many years. Although the trees were initially logged upon discovery in the late 19th century, the bark is so brittle and dry that it frequently splintered when falling to the ground. It is estimated that only about 50 percent of the sequoias logged ever actually made it to the logging warehouses to become boards. Splintered wood was either used for mulch or, in some cases, turned into toothpicks. The wood is also extremely fibrous and can be up to two feet thick at the trunk’s base. This tough outer covering is what has allowed fallen trees like the aforementioned Fallen Monarch to remain for over one hundred years with no visible disintegration.