Quantcast

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
w/ the exception of the coloring, that looks identical to either of my rose haired or stripe-kneed tarantulas (since deceased)

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
w/ the exception of the coloring, that looks identical to either of my rose haired or stripe-kneed tarantulas (since deceased)

hooray for a fellow keeper, here is my mexican red knee. Unfortunately, I had to give this one away when I got married. I got this one when it was the size of a dime, 8 years later it was the size of my hand.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i took a pic of it because my first thought was "Not Native. Not NATIVE!" It was not afraid of my road bike's wheel and it proceeded to smack a bltch."

Can't believe I've lived here all my life and never seen the booger. Got a call from the wife 30 minutes ago cussing me for sending her the hi-res of it. :rofl:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
hooray for a fellow keeper, here is my mexican red knee. Unfortunately, I had to give this one away when I got married. I got this one when it was the size of a dime, 8 years later it was the size of my hand.
I hear they taste great fried...like softshell crabs

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i took a pic of it because my first thought was "Not Native. Not NATIVE!" It was not afraid of my road bike's wheel and it proceeded to smack a bltch."

Can't believe I've lived here all my life and never seen the booger. Got a call from the wife 30 minutes ago cussing me for sending her the hi-res of it. :rofl:
Send her a recipe:

http://www.camboguide.com/food-and-culinary/spiders.html

Or Tempura:

no, its actually disturbingly bad
Most people seem to like them - AZ did (they didn't show the full segment in the YT clip above). Crabs and spiders are both arthropods so what's the big deal...

I know fried grubs taste great as I've had huhu grubs in NZ.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Most people seem to like them - AZ did (they didn't show the full segment in the YT clip above). Crabs and spiders are both arthropods so what's the big deal...

I know fried grubs taste great as I've had huhu grubs in NZ.
i ate some weird stuff in Thailand but a gargantuan spider topped them all. i thought it tasted bad.
they both might be arthropods, but they taste totally different IMO

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i ate some weird stuff in Thailand but a gargantuan spider topped them all. i thought it tasted bad.
they both might be arthropods, but they taste totally different IMO
There are tons of species and how its prepared makes a huge difference...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
:drool: :drool:

Cummins: the largest independent diesel engine manufacturer. The QSK78: the largest engine they make. Mini: one of the smallest cars on the road. Oh dear, this could get messy.

The unfathomably large QSK78 was recently unveiled with 78 liters of displacement, eighteen cylinders (that's 4.3 liters per cylinder!), a dozen turbochargers, 3,500 horsepower and over 10,000 lb-ft of torque. It's used to power those enormous dump trucks seen schlepping heavy loads (try 360 metric tons on for size) around quarries and mines. And now it's been installed in a vintage Austin Mini.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
intemann spur that connects section 16
sw side of park, getting near crystal park rd