Quantcast

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
^
i bet the water around there is clean to drink.
It's sea water, so you wouldn't want to drink it, (doy). But the air was especially acrid today. Stank it up big time. I'm sure the 'ol Isalita had sprung more than a few leaks while going under the torch. They are decimating this ship bloody quickly. Way faster than I've seen anything else happen around here to date

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
These thins suck, have pulled in a couple while fishing you have to be careful at night as they just look like any other small octopus.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
These thins suck, have pulled in a couple while fishing you have to be careful at night as they just look like any other small octopus.
Blue rings are retardly dangerous hey. A lot of people have no idea and pick them up because they're pretty. I've had to explain to a tourist once myself that the tiny pretty octopus he had in a bottle was more than capable of killing him and that the blue flashing is actually a warning.

PS. No idea why Australian animals have such a bad rep - I've seen a Grizzly and there's no ****ing way I'm going near one of those things.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
PS. No idea why Australian animals have such a bad rep - I've seen a Grizzly and there's no ****ing way I'm going near one of those things.
Agree. First national park I went to in America I swaggered in with the "she'll be right I'm from Australia" attitude. Talk from a ranger about how mountain lions can stalk and kill you took me down a peg or two. At least most of our stuff doesn't hunt us down.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Agree. First national park I went to in America I swaggered in with the "she'll be right I'm from Australia" attitude. Talk from a ranger about how mountain lions can stalk and kill you took me down a peg or two. At least most of our stuff doesn't hunt us down.
Can and are inclined to are pretty different. In all but the rarest of cases they'd rather leave people the fvck alone.

Not really meaning to disparage your wildlife. I've spent a while over there and a) had a great time and b) didn't die.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ehm the car I bought when I first got to Oz came with a book called, Australias Most Dangerous...
I saw Funnel web spiders in Sydney, Snakes all over the place. Im pretty sure the inland Taipan is the worlds most dangerous snake and is native to Australia.
Wasnt allowed to swim in the ocean in most places because of deadly Jellys. Was warned every ten minutes not to come to close to fresh water because a croc would jump out and kill me. And Im not even talking aboout the stuff I didnt know about untill I read about it in my book.
Then theres the fact that 4 people died the year I was surfing there, because they were eaten by fricking sharks...
Im usually not afraid of sharks because of well, statistics.
But the day after I took these photos I have to admit I was a little nervous...