Quantcast

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
So him screaming like a little girl will be spread around the world?

BRING IT.

:D
Actually, it sounds like he took it like a freakin' man. Our other friend that was the one that had the GoPro said he was eerily calm and said something like 'I guess I just have to deal with it' right before they set his leg...then barely flinched while they did it. Hardcore. Even the nurses were saying he had more composure than people that come in with petty stuff.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So him screaming like a little girl will be spread around the world?

BRING IT.

:D
We had a guy break his leg like that about a month ago off a pretty small jump. He was absurdly calm...even when they put his leg in traction and pulled it straigh to keep any arteries from being sliced.

It was gruesome to watch a mans leg bend above the knee as he was loaded into the brace and gurney. EMT's were impressed by his pain threshold.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
+1 did he get a helicopter ride? That's some scary ****, you can bleed to death real fast with a break like that.
No heli ride. Someone called 911, but bike patrol happened to pass by right then. Quick ride on a backboard down to first aid, then to the hospital. Have to give props to the EMTs at Snow Summit.

He had surgery yesterday, got a Ti rod and some pins. He should have post X-rays and GoPro in the next couple days :)

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
+1 did he get a helicopter ride? That's some scary ****, you can bleed to death real fast with a break like that.
The ER in Big Bear is literally, at the opposite end of the road of Summit. ~1/2 mile from the base of the resort. I know this because they took me there when I blew out my shoulder snowboarding.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Jesus that Ferrari is horrid, it's like someone has grafted a normal car's front end below the headlights.

A friend of mine has a 360 and it is a lot of work, it's no wonder people buy Porsches.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
A friend of mine has a 360 and it is a lot of work, it's no wonder people buy Porsches.
This.
Unfortunately italian sport cars have a reputation to fall apart real quick.
Even though a german TV show reviewed the new Pagani with over 100.000km, where nothing had to be done, except normal maintenance.
And as much as I don't like Porsches for their optics, they are technically speaking a piece of art.

Edit:

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Had a guy on the lift this weekend try to tell me the dealership has you buy a new Ferrari for something like $240k and then buys it back from you for the same price in a year? Made no sense?
Take it FWIW, but I have heard that's because the dealerships can't mark up 'new' cars. Once the car is used they can sell it for whatever they want.