Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
if you blow up the still pic there is a steel cable running into his jeans. It would appear that there is material other than his boxers and jeans. A harness perhaps?
quite likely. i didn't ask him much about the suspension. however, "we" as a group have been much more accepting of harnesses in recent times. for quite a while, nobody would harness-up when suspending in an inverted position (such as from the knees). the current standard is to wear one, since it is pretty obvious that a malfunction will drop the suspended person straight down on their head and likely cause head trauma, if not also a broken neck (an issue near and dear to me). "safety third" isn't just a catchy phrase, it's a lifestyle :thumb:

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Fock, mate - are these current pictures you're puttin' up? I may have to take a trip to the Tyrol soon...
No current pics, but sh!t is wild this year. Like I said, we get between an average of 10-20cm every other weekend. Snow height on 1.500m over sea is like 1.5m. But in some places like the dolomites and the southwest of South Tyrol is even more snow.
Generally the south of the alps get mental amounts of snow this year.
Snow Forecast for the upcoming weekend:

Deep blue = deep snow

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
No current pics, but sh!t is wild this year. Like I said, we get between an average of 10-20cm every other weekend. Snow height on 1.500m over sea is like 1.5m. But in some places like the dolomites and the southwest of South Tyrol is even more snow.

Deep blue = deep snow
Went to western Austria last weekend...not alot of snow, but enough to ski a bit and get the gromms a lesson (Which they loved, big relief for me!). Skiied 2 days at Warth and a few runs at the t-bar slope near our hotel, which was also fairly bare and short, but nice and steep.
ANYWAY...the point of this seemingly pointelss diatribe is that I drove out in a blizzard. Which ALWAYS happens when I go skiing. I ougta get paid to leave ski towns...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Deep blue = deep snow
Dude - forget the deep blue. It's the pink and deep yellow sections that are the goods. I think I might even see some red around Zermatt?!? :brows:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
And when the news broke I was about to sh1t because I designed some of the electronics on that bird (OMS fuel gauging). I got a call from a manager at McDonald Douglas comparing notes...
and i was celebrating 4 consecutive days in a world without LRH

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
One of my teachers was 1st runner up for the civilian spot.
The whole school was watching the launch in the auditorium and I'm pretty sure the guy puked where he sat.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Clue me in. I'm in awe of that pic.
Well OK. You see how everything is symmetrical. Victorian rich folks loved symmetry. A house like this would be built on a Grand Avenue. The Walk might be gated or be fronted by an arbor and lead to a Gentle Stoop as if it stepped onto an Avenue, but not always. Think Paris or Park Avenue. The turrets usually served little purpose other then their Elegance . Flat roofs were only utilized in the south or areas without winters, DC, Richmond, Southeastern PA, Savannah GA. Wrought Iron features would have been added at some point. Most homes of this style would typically have elaborate Ironworks on the roofs and gated windows on the basement and first floor windows added in the 20's when the Linbergh baby was kidnapped. The slate on the roof would have been from the Delaware valley. Huge 18" pieces drilled and slotted like a modern shingle. Curved and arched dormers might be used in a commercial or public building utilizing this style. Most buildings in this style would be modernized in the 1920's and altered to appear as another style.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Dude - forget the deep blue. It's the pink and deep yellow sections that are the goods. I think I might even see some red around Zermatt?!? :brows:
Haha, yeah, it's looking amazing in some areas.
Today forecast is around 40cm in my place for the weekend, so no need to get to Switzerland :D

Meanwhile in Sochi:

Last edited: