Quantcast

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
amonia = base
bleach = acid

combo = mustard gas.

First thing you learn as a pool boy.
makes hydro clhoric acid, that stuff eats your lungs, somone did that to me in the storage room at the pool, :rant:

I think the sulfur on the copper pennies mixed with the other crap was creating the cl-sl-cl mustard gas fun

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
amonia = base
bleach = acid

combo = mustard gas.

Well, that's stupid and wrong. I guess that's why they're pool boys and not chemists.

Common bleach his highly alkaline (basic). Ammonia is a base as well.

And there is no ammonia or nitrogen at all used in the creation of mustard gas. Nice post.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
amonia = base
bleach = acid

combo = mustard gas.

Bleach isn't an acid. It's sodium hypochlorite, which is about 5-6% in solution for the stuff you buy at the store. It's highly basic (pH of roughly 12.5).

The most noticeable reaction from mixing those two isn't mustard gas, which is a sulfer-chlorine compound, it's the release of chlorine gas or hydrochloric acid when it combines with water, among a few other things.

D'oh. BS beat with with the basic. What you would feel if you mixed those two, would be chlorine gas. You breath it and it combines with the water in your lungs to form hydrochloric acid.

I was chem major and work hazmat for a living FWIW....

For more fun in your free time try iodine in lieu of bleach...

Last edited:

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Hey, that's a lovely B8 on the last page! Glad to see it actually gets used :thumb: This coming from an avid VAG enthusiast/racer.

While we're still somewhat on the subject of a Bimmer with Audi rings on the seat, check out this abomination...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they should take that car away from him.
the BMW 850i's were V12's, he should have put the 840 on there at least.

that was a Audi with the rings on the seat and baseball, not a bimmer

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Yeah, I'm in equal parts awe and sad. Sad because the wv's had to be cannibalized.
As a 'Wagen-head I have to agree. Hell, before we could even drive my buddy bought a 77 Kombi that didn't run. We taped an A/C window-unit to the passenger side window and spent a whole summer living in there in his front yard. :D But that bus is pretty rad ass.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Do you ever actually think before you type? You know absolutely nothing about my car except it gave you a free ride to Wilson's once.
Dude...you are on mega-dick level #2 these days. You worked on your car like crazy and had a leak (coolant?) for a whiles afterwards. You documented it on here, you told me about it in person....what else should I think about before I type jokes about your car pissing like a stray dog in a parking lot?

Relax. Take a deep breathe. I admire your fortitude for working on your own rig. If I were a different RM member, would you still be so butt hurt?:rolleyes: