Quantcast

Vipon

Chimp
Jul 22, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
I am not the biggest vette fan, but C1 corvettes are handsome machines. That thing makes me ill. It is like seeing hot chick in the corner of your eye but upon closer inspection she has bad scoliosis, a lazy eye, meth mouth and a bald spot.
You just described the chick who lives in the section 8 motel across the street from my shop. I kept waiting for her to come in the shop for 6 months, Words can't describe the mess, but god what a body.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the 6:42 lap time is a lie, but it is sexy.
its technically a estimated guess since they ran a 8:12 on the Grand Prix/Nordschleife track and based a 6:42 on telemetry for the Nordschleife without the big engine restrictor they had for the race. i dont doubt that they wont crush that time with the TT V12

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
its technically a estimated guess since they ran a 8:12 on the Grand Prix/Nordschleife track and based a 6:42 on telemetry for the Nordschleife without the big engine restrictor they had for the race. i dont doubt that they wont crush that time with the TT V12
Oh, I look forward to an official time, they are talking 6:30 unrestricted on street tires. :shocked:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
why would they put a restrictor on for a race? seems counter-intuitive.

Fissures and faults are usually symmetrical or on a easily determined axis related to the surrounding strata.
Come on, Jim, you can do better than that.

The photo could be deformation of an existing layer or compositional variation in a primary flow. What are the light and dark materials depicted in the photo (in poking around, I find a lot of images of ptygmatic folding that fail to identify composition, shame, shame...)?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Come on, Jim, you can do better than that.

The photo could be deformation of an existing layer or compositional variation in a primary flow. What are the light and dark materials depicted in the photo (in poking around, I find a lot of images of ptygmatic folding that fail to identify composition, shame, shame...)?
I believe that the calcite intrusion was deformed at later point then the surrounding rock. Not from varying viscosity at the time of formation. The surrounding Gneiss is from another geologic period that predates the Paleozoic era where calcite's left behind from extinct seas came into play. I didn't take the picture but I can assume that is is from either the Taconics or the Hudson Valley.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
why would they put a restrictor on for a race? seems counter-intuitive.
because the cars are too fast without them for the tracks they race on. its similar to what they do at super speedways in Nascar. the GT class cars are too fast for the 'Ring as evidenced by the spectator's death from a flying GTR. they temporarily banned the GT3 cars but now have allowed them back on with a speed limit on certain sections and theyll be monitored by GPS. the other top classes of cars will be given a reduction on 5% in total power output as well as being monitored in those sections.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
because the cars are too fast without them for the tracks they race on. its similar to what they do at super speedways in Nascar. the GT class cars are too fast for the 'Ring as evidenced by the spectator's death from a flying GTR. they temporarily banned the GT3 cars but now have allowed them back on with a speed limit on certain sections and theyll be monitored by GPS. the other top classes of cars will be given a reduction on 5% in total power output as well as being monitored in those sections.
interesting... so these aren't pro races? they're.... amateur races? Or not even races, but just randoms paying for laps of the 'Ring?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
interesting... so these aren't pro races? they're.... amateur races? Or not even races, but just randoms paying for laps of the 'Ring?
Yes, any jackass with a stack of cash and a car can do laps. Some jackasses are allowed to go faster than others, but it can be a free for all at times.

I would love to some day take an exotic rental car on a ride from hell around that course.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
I believe that the calcite intrusion was deformed at later point then the surrounding rock. Not from varying viscosity at the time of formation. The surrounding Gneiss is from another geologic period that predates the Paleozoic era where calcite's left behind from extinct seas came into play. I didn't take the picture but I can assume that is is from either the Taconics or the Hudson Valley.
Check out the big brain on JD !

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
well they have both types of series at the 'Ring besides from the normal pay to drive days that they have. the accident where the spectator was killed was a pro event under the VLN Endurance series. the car JD posted is part of that series (among others) used to refine the road going version which is nearly identical..which will have a few hundred more ponies

street version:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
well they have both types of series at the 'Ring besides from the normal pay to drive days that they have. the accident where the spectator was killed was a pro event under the VLN Endurance series. the car JD posted is part of that series (among others) used to refine the road going version which is nearly identical..which will have a few hundred more ponies
:drool: