Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There has to bee a good story behind that picture too. I presume they were safe at that distance.
The mountain collapsed away from Adams, but unfortunately

and hopefully upwind...
Prevailing winds that day were to the WNW IIRC. You'd want to get down in a reasonable hurry. And by reasonable, I mean like your ass was on fire and your head was in danger of catching.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Well, it's also technically impossible to be another sex (3 of 5 distinguishing factors cannot be changed), so let's give him that.

How sex is defined by science:
-Gonads, anisogamy (impossible to change)
-Sexual organs (possible, but not 'the 'same')
-DNA (impossible to change)
-Sex hormones (possible to change)
-internal reproductive anatomy (impossible to change)

So we can change our 'genders' as defined by social roles or phenotypes, but impossible to change sex from a biological perspective. These people are transsexual (having actual physical changes made, like testosterone therapy or changing sexual organs, boob jobs, etc) or transgendered (doing nothing physiological but calling yourself opposite from your DNA), or are born with dual biological characteristics are called 'intersex'.

So yea, science.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yes because gender/sexual identity and a ethnic identity are exactly the same. As in 2 of those are neurochemical and one is just feeling a part of a ethnic group which is genetic and literally impossible to get wired different.

Shut up with your trifling ass.
I never understood the range for that woman pretending to be black. Yes it's dishonest but if she does a lot of good with it why would we prohibit her from making her life harder.

If you want to bash a white person for thinking he's black, just bash Justin Biber.

Well, it's also technically impossible to be another sex (3 of 5 distinguishing factors cannot be changed), so let's give him that.

How sex is defined by science:
-Gonads, anisogamy (impossible to change)
-Sexual organs (possible, but not 'the 'same')
-DNA (impossible to change)
-Sex hormones (possible to change)
-internal reproductive anatomy (impossible to change)

So we can change our 'genders' as defined by social roles or phenotypes, but impossible to change sex from a biological perspective. These people are transsexual (having actual physical changes made, like testosterone therapy or changing sexual organs, boob jobs, etc) or transgendered (doing nothing physiological but calling yourself opposite from your DNA), or are born with dual biological characteristics are called 'intersex'.

So yea, science.
So yeah, medical hobbying, in which category I include ink, branding, and piercings, in my mind unethical and destructive.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I never understood the range for that woman pretending to be black. Yes it's dishonest but if she does a lot of good with it why would we prohibit her from making her life harder.

If you want to bash a white person for thinking he's black, just bash Justin Biber.
Although this is not the PAWN...I would opine that the issue is simply that she willingly deceived many with her charade for her own advancement and profit.

And Biener bashing, well thats a human right. I think its in the Constitution somewhere...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Although this is not the PAWN...I would opine that the issue is simply that she willingly deceived many with her charade for her own advancement and profit.
they probably could have found an actual african american in washington state who was qualified...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

And Biener bashing, well thats a human right. I think its in the Constitution somewhere...
It's annoying and I get that. It's just blown out of proportion. She still did the good work in a worthy cause so i think pretending like she's the antichrist is a bit silly