Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My son is hell bent on buying his '66 back from the guy he sold it to. I saw a kit that converts the EFI from a GSXR. WAY easier than those damn carbs. :rofl:

If you can hook up a recirculating high pressure fuel system without fiery death, and you can't jet a carb...

Well you probably are not smart enough to hook up a recirculating high pressure fuel system without fiery death.

And you certainly are not setting up a FI lookup table any better than you can jet a carb

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Im amazed none of our parents ever asked were did you 6,7 and 8th graders get money for all the wood, and how did you get it here.

Maybe because it was fucking 1986/7/8 and parents really gave no fucks what kids did then.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Im amazed none of our parents ever asked were did you 6,7 and 8th graders get money for all the wood, and how did you get it here.

Maybe because it was fucking 1986/7/8 and parents really gave no fucks what kids did then.
Snicker - he said 86-88.
I was thinking back to 73-76...after that it was pretty much strictly trails.
However I do remember the odd bit of wood being incorporated to support lips etc...

As for the 'rents. They new we were on bikes, and had a general idea where the moto track and our bike trails were. Out in the morning, home for lunch, out until dinner, then out until dusk, then the mad race home before dark. Next day rinse and repeat, unless it was race or rebuild day....

Ah the good old dayz. Over 40 years on dirt and still a hack.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
none of you guys must have been skateboarders. We stole wood from new housing neighborhoods. all our launch ramps and quarters were legit.
That was after my early BMX days. We built some sweet ramps then. But it started with whatever we found in the 'hood laying around. We later upgraded to full 8' 2x4's in the middle of the night from the new housing sites. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you can hook up a recirculating high pressure fuel system without fiery death, and you can't jet a carb...

Well you probably are not smart enough to hook up a recirculating high pressure fuel system without fiery death.

And you certainly are not setting up a FI lookup table any better than you can jet a carb
It was never about the jetting. I had a bitch of a time getting the duals on my kids car to run right, but it wasn't the jetting (the linkage was sketchy). They weren't anything cool like 48 IDA's, just the dual single kit. Ended up running a single double and it was fine. It was only a 1641 with a little head work.

VW duals were the worst setups, my triple SK's on my 240Z were amazing.

Mine looked like this:

But of course the stacks were pimp.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

this.

going to shows in DC at age 15 and my parents only concern was me being at school in the morning.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What is this place?
It is Angkor Wat, outside of Seim Reap, Cambodia.. Such a fun place with an amazing history. I found a guy who was renting mtb's (cannondale hardtails for $5 a day) and he offered to take us on a mtb singletrack tour of the complex, staying off the beaten paths and hitting all the sweetest places. Too bad it was on my last day, I did offer him $2 for a 2 hour spin around, he thought it was a smoking deal, so did I. I want to go back and wander around with bicycles, it would be the best way to see it!

IMG_1148 (800x600).jpg