Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Impressive. Most cats can't catch greys.
We were sitting on the deck/roof and she snagged one right on the edge of the roof. Like out of thin air. She put the thing out of its misery. Another squirrel jumped up over the ledge and attacked her. It put up the good fight, fur literally flying. The kamikaze squirrel also died. I don't know if they were grey squirrels, but they were surely dead squirrels.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A neighborhood cat has started pissing on my cars and front porch. When I was looking for a dog I strongly considered adopting one that was sent to the animal shelter because it kept escaping the yard and killing neighborhood cats. Kind of wish I had gotten her. I didn't pull the trigger because I live on a busy road and a dog that escapes is one that will get run over.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nothing really. I lived in Gresham for almost 3 years, but if you're going to live there you have to act like it's terrible. And everything there is booming right now, it's at least 50% of the reason we haven't gone back.
Now that the Met ends there it seems to be ripe for opportunity. Lots of foreclosed properties to scoop up cheap.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Now that the Met ends there it seems to be ripe for opportunity. Lots of foreclosed properties to scoop up cheap.
Sounds like a true story to me. The Portlandia situation has overflowed the city with homeless hipster/emo/trash/etc... and the suburban areas are being brought into the fold as refuge from the hoard. Its the right suburban hood for proximity to real mtb trails.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Its called moto-boost. It's a new standard bro...it's a totally new way for old men to jimmydean moto-trikes.
A google image search shows this to be a proper old bike and not some half baked unrideable hillbilly hipster art project. More for British Blue-Bloods than west coast meth money.

From what I can gather it is a Brough Superior Austin 4. It was actually designed as a sidecar. So not so much a trike, but a quad with a missing sidecar. Used an Austin 4 banger car engine, dual wheels were used to facilitate what is essentially a RWD automotive differential to handle the shaft drive. Less of a unique motorcycle design as an easy way to adapt an automotive engine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brough_Superior_Austin_Four

Last edited: