Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Agreed - the color is also a give away, color additives to fish pellets never achieve the depth of color wild caught has, its also mushy. In Montana, with the exception of copper river runs, all decent salmon is frozen. Frozen wild caught salmon is still better than any fresh farm raised salmon I ever eaten.
The only place that serves frozen fish and can get away with it is the Golden Corral. I don't eat there myself... I can get Trout and Perch here for 1/10th the cost and it is pretty tasty. So I go for that mostly.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The only place that serves frozen fish and can get away with it is the Golden Corral. I don't eat there myself... I can get Trout and Perch here for 1/10th the cost and it is pretty tasty. So I go for that mostly.
Well aren't you special... I have never been inside a Golden Coral so I have no idea what serve. :horns:

This is what I eat, its consistently $13 a pound and comes in convenient single serve packaging. When we do get fresh salmon it runs between $18 and $20 per pound - I still buy it because I like me some salmon several times a week. View media item 2773View media item 2774

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Well aren't you special... I have never been inside a Golden Coral so I have no idea what serve. :horns:

This is what I eat, its consistently $13 a pound and comes in convenient single serve packaging. When we do get fresh salmon it runs between $18 and $20 per pound - I still buy it because I like me some salmon several times a week. View media item 2773View media item 2774
I will trade you Pizza for Salmon and Porkchop sammichs....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I typically don't buy Wegmans prepared food. I appreciate your Wegmans knowledge though. I don't think of buying Salmon on a regular basis. But when I was invited to a party last night. They had a big pile of Salmon and nobody was eating it. So I snuck a few handfuls and it was delicious. I don't know if it was farm raised, wild caught, or from Wegmans. However I was drunk and once again it was delicious. I make Salmon loaf from a can. It is always delicious also. I will have to check and see if that is wild caught. Because from now on I promise to only eat wild caught salmon just to make you happy no matter how much it costs. I am special and dammit I am worth it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You are god damned right except for the salmon loaf bit... salmon loaf is what you do with low quality salmon you have been gifted, you don't actually buy it. #nowyouknow
Haha after I drench it in Hollandaise you wouldn't care if it came out of a can I bought from Aldis. Green Giant Asparagus out of a can also. Grand biscuits and plenty of fucking soft butter. Mushy peas if your lucky and I got some bacon scraps...