Quantcast

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
*WARNING: PIC INTENSIVE POST*

So the gal and I were down in Orlando visiting a buddy of ours last weekend, and Sunday we were all a bit hungover so we decided to go get some food. We decided to go to Winter Park Village which is a pretty ritzy area, a lot of high-dollar stuff down there (high-end fashion stores, fine dining, nice cars, etc.) so I brought the camera and got some shots off.

These are available in high-res on my Flickr. Feel free to comment on my Flickr and on here if you'd like. They're nothing too special so take it easy on me. Little to no editing on these.

enjoy.

635ci by FLWill, on Flickr

F430 by FLWill, on Flickr

911 Turbo by FLWill, on Flickr

Veins Blood Bandages by FLWill, on Flickr

Colony Building by FLWill, on Flickr

Greeneda Court by FLWill, on Flickr

Extra! Extra! by FLWill, on Flickr

Park Ave by FLWill, on Flickr

Cavalier King Charles group by FLWill, on Flickr

R8 by FLWill, on Flickr

R8 by FLWill, on Flickr

R8 by FLWill, on Flickr

Peek-a-boo! by FLWill, on Flickr

Toms Fountain by FLWill, on Flickr

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Saw one on the way to work this morning. Kinda funny after reading a review in the WSJ about how silly they were and how nobody would buy one.
Yes, the market is slim, but the driving reviews have been incredible. It's a marketing thing more than anything, but I would rock one over a R/T Magnum in a heartbeat.

<edit> But I have loved the CTS-V since it first came out, so the wagon isn't a stretch for me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw one on the way to work this morning. Kinda funny after reading a review in the WSJ about how silly they were and how nobody would buy one.
Was up at GM's Milford proving grounds last week for a meeting and I saw more CTS, CTS-V and wagons in the parking lot than any other car. And that there is pick-up country. GM employees sure dig them.

I've been working with GM for the past 15 years and it has always reminded me of the post office, purposefully slow disinterested and angry employees. I'm only dealing with the R&D engineers but things are refreshingly different. They all seemed very stoked about what they are doing and the future of the company. Wouldn't suprise me if GM came out with some more cool **** in the next few years. Unfortunately Americans only like cheap beige crap so it will only succeed in Europe.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Unfortunately Americans only like cheap beige crap so it will only succeed in Europe.
I would say that the American consumer is told and believes what their are told and that's what sells.

The less a person watches TV ads and looks at what interests them, the more the purchases change.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would say that the American consumer is told and believes what their are told and that's what sells.

The less a person watches TV ads and looks at what interests them, the more the purchases change.
I think Americans are a lot more independently boring than you give us credit for.

Just look at the best selling cars in the states, Corollas, Camries, mini-vans generic SUVs and pickup trucks. Pretty much defines mediocre, boring with a splash of homophobia.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Americans are a lot more independently boring than you give us credit for.

Just look at the best selling cars in the states, Corollas, Camries, mini-vans generic SUVs and pickup trucks. Pretty much defines mediocre, boring with a splash of homophobia.

I have a bone stock black pick-up.

:rant:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

I'll post the build thread on my '66 Chevy truck when it's all done. I should have my seats this week and I can match my interior.

<hint> Seats are tan leather from a 2007 XLR. :weee:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
S2000? meh.
i would have put that engine in something else
S2ks are fantastic with a few upgrades, coilovers, wider wheels/tires, (functional) spoiler. I've done a few track days in one and they handle great, just a little down on power. My other thought was to do a RX7 with an LS1 but I love the 2jz motor so I'll probably end up doing something with that.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
My other thought was to do a RX7 with an LS1 but I love the 2jz motor so I'll probably end up doing something with that.
RX7's w/ a LS1 or LT1 are cool and all but as much as i hate to admit it, the Wankel rotaries are insane when they get up to the super high RPM's.
why not get a Supra with the 2JZ? you can probably get them cheaper than a S2000. or are you looking for a more track oriented car?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
RX7's w/ a LS1 or LT1 are cool and all but as much as i hate to admit it, the Wankel rotaries are insane when they get up to the super high RPM's.
why not get a Supra with the 2JZ? you can probably get them cheaper than a S2000. or are you looking for a more track oriented car?
I've already had a Wankle blow on me and they are so expensive to get worked on and you have to take them to an expert. I do love Supras but they aren't the best basis for a track car. I'm looking to build a 80% track 20% street car.