Quantcast

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have found its so they can pretend they are in Africa or Australia. He clearly need to buy more stuff to attach to the truck.
So a dingo will not eat his baby then?

It packs very small, sets up in minutes, no need for flat ground, more room for any type of storage needed, up off the ground, loads and works better than a tent trailer
Well if the truck is not on flat ground the tent will still tilt. All the things you mention besides off the ground I think a normal tent would do better or maybe its too long a go I was a scout.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Well if the truck is not on flat ground the tent will still tilt. All the things you mention besides off the ground I think a normal tent would do better or maybe its too long a go I was a scout.
I'm with you.
So you need to pack up the tent and contents to do a beer/food run or daytrip?
Falling when wasted while heading out for a late night piss; need for loadbars (never had any on my trucks but some obviously do), size limitations etc.

Makes some sense for a quick night's sleep on the go (looks vunerable to lot lizards and Crossfit she-males too), but otherwise I'll take a standard tent in most situations.

Whatever works I guess.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

It is not about the ground being level..... its about teh ground being flat

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm with you.
Falling when wasted while heading out for a late night piss; need for loadbars (never had any on my trucks but some obviously do), size limitations etc.

Makes some sense for a quick night's sleep on the go (looks vunerable to lot lizards and Crossfit she-males too), but otherwise I'll take a standard tent in most situations.

Whatever works I guess.
You guys forgot the pimp aspect of inviting a girl to join you "upstairs".

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
About those truck top tents, I always figured I'd fall off the platform trying to get up there or when I get up in the middle of the night to piss. Different strokes I guess.

Although this or something like it might be cool if I ever park my cherokee permanently:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
About those truck top tents, I always figured I'd fall off the platform trying to get up there or when I get up in the middle of the night to piss. Different strokes I guess.

Although this or something like it might be cool if I ever park my cherokee permanently:

saw these at SEMA last year

2011-11-01_11-55-00_586.jpg
2011-11-01_14-48-17_559.jpg

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
My buddy at work has one of these:

He likes it for taking his family camping (a couple little kids and his wife) because it sets up super easy, can hold all of them, and he can load the top up with gear, a couple dirtbikes, atv, etc.

I'd still take a regular tent, but it's pretty cool for what it is.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

I'm with you.

Whatever works I guess.
One last thing I will say on using the truck top, or truck bed fold out tents, until you use one you will not understand how well they really do work. I have used regular, tent trailer, and truck top. Tent trailers are a joke, and a general pain in the ass, truck tops foldouts are friggin nice. Once you use one you will udnerstand