Quantcast

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
A .357 Magnum is a revolver. After the first shot jammed, they continued to fire the weapon 7 more times to clear the jam. Assuming it is a range load, each bullet would contain about 140 grains of powder. If the barrel failed it would be like holding a hand grenade in your hands while it exploded. This person was extremely stupid and lucky to not have died or lost his hand. In fact it is a miracle that the person firing the weapon was not injured.
pretty much aside from the powder load, te projectile is about 140 grains, probably about four grains of powder. My eight mm rifle uses 140 grains of powder, if you somehow were able to load 140 grains of powder into a .357 you made a bomb.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
pretty much aside from the powder load, te projectile is about 140 grains, probably about four grains of powder. My eight mm rifle uses 140 grains of powder, if you somehow were able to load 140 grains of powder into a .357 you made a bomb.
A standard .357 Soft point RL Magnum shell takes 9.1g of powder or 140 grains and if you used a hollow point projectile you can add even more. Look at a .357 shell effing things are huge. My brothers Martin Rifle uses the same shells and he loads them himself.....

You may be under loading your shells there buddy.

Why aren't 8mm pistols more popular?

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
A standard .357 Soft point RL Magnum shell takes 9.1g of powder or 140 grains and if you used a hollow point projectile you can add even more. Look at a .357 shell effing things are huge. My brothers Martin Rifle uses the same shells and he loads them himself.....

You may be under loading your shells there buddy.
depends on your powder as well, 9 grains is a pretty hot .357. Also not an 8mm rem mag, I use a 8mm swedish mauser. Unique powder in a 158 grain .357 you use 4.2 grains, its a pretty hell of a wallop when you shoot it. Been loading for a long time. 9 grains of unique will break your handgun not sure which powder your using to get a standard of over none grains, but I would suggest a better powder

Edit... Scratch that I was thinking .38 on those numbers, went and looked at my charts. I am using 7.5 grains of unique for my 158 grain .357. 170 grain corelock I am using 52 grains for the 8mm mauser

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
depends on your powder as well, 9 grains is a pretty hot .357. Also not an 8mm rem mag, I use a 8mm swedish mauser. Unique powder in a 158 grain .357 you use 4.2 grains, its a pretty hell of a wallop when you shoot it. Been loading for a long time. 9 grains of unique will break your handgun not sure which powder your using to get a standard of over none grains, but I would suggest a better powder
I think a .357 is a stupidly expensive gun to own. I can almost buy 2 boxes of 45 shells for what it costs to load one box of .357 magnum shells. My 1911 is much more enjoyable weapon to fire IMO.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I think a .357 is a stupidly expensive gun to own. I can almost buy 2 boxes of 45 shells for what it costs to load one box of .357 magnum shells. My 1911 is much more enjoyable weapon to fire IMO.
agreed across the board on that one, havent even fired my .357 in four or five years. Long barrel .357 on the other hand makes a great hunting handgun. I usually carry a .40 these days anyways
image.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Our hunting season sucked. I got nothing this year. All spring and summer we saw tons of wildlife. October rolls around and everything disappeared.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
It's been truly incredible to experience this. I've never had 3 days off of work for snow. This is our back lot yesterday before another 3"+ fell today and more tonight. It is going to be very lol to see tomorrow if we can make it in. Apparently all our doors are drifted I with 10'-20' of snow.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
It's been truly incredible to experience this. I've never had 3 days off of work for snow. This is our back lot yesterday before another 3"+ fell today and more tonight. It is going to be very lol to see tomorrow if we can make it in. Apparently all our doors are drifted I with 10'-20' of snow.
Damn, even the German 6th Army thinks that is outta hand

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Our hunting season sucked. I got nothing this year. All spring and summer we saw tons of wildlife. October rolls around and everything disappeared.
i have three deer and about half my elk in the freezer now. Close to 470 pounds right now. Still need to finish the grind from the elk, should have close to 110 pounds of burger. Still have my buck tag I hopefully fill next week

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm waiting for the hoonin' on snow machine pics to appear... there's got to be a few Buffalo-ites who've thought of racing their skidoos downtown?!?!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm waiting for the hoonin' on snow machine pics to appear... there's got to be a few Buffalo-ites who've thought of racing their skidoos downtown?!?!
The story I heard is that since the city no longer has Grocery stores and travel is restricted. All the little grocery stores that serve many residents of Buffalo are running out of food as they can't get the trucks to make deliveries to them. The National Guard and the city Fireman are delivering pizzas, bread and milk.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The National Guard and the city Fireman are delivering pizzas, bread and milk.
that's not mutually exclusive to hoonin' on snow machines... in fact, what better way to get around?!

I'm not trying to be flippant about the situation, I know it can be - and undoubtedly will be - very difficult (I lived through the North Eastern ice storm of 1997), but at the same time, life must go on... and it's better to have a laugh than to cry about it, eh?!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
that's not mutually exclusive to hoonin' on snow machines... in fact, what better way to get around?!

I'm not trying to be flippant about the situation, I know it can be - and undoubtedly will be - very difficult (I lived through the North Eastern ice storm of 1997), but at the same time, life must go on... and it's better to have a laugh than to cry about it, eh?!
When folks from Buffalo tell me that it is bad. It must be bad. They are pretty tough there. The kids can't go out. There is no school. Folks are stuck inside. Its gotta suck....