Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rough rule of thumb for operating and maintaining a luxury yacht yearly is 10% of cost of said yacht.
Docks are some of the most expensive real estate there is. A captain to take that boat and make sure that it is safely parked at said Real Estate. All Highly paid individuals. Crews are all highly paid. 10% I don't know.....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Docks are some of the most expensive real estate there is. A captain to take that boat and make sure that it is safely parked at said Real Estate. All Highly paid individuals. Crews are all highly paid. 10% I don't know.....
I went water skiing once. Does that qualify me for this job ? I think I can get by on a meager 10%...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My moorage fees when living on a boat in seatte were about $500/month, much cheaper than any studio apartment. Free boat helped, but even considering boat costs it was cheaper than land when the view was considering. not to mention a studio provides little excitement when the wind blew 70 mph.

samdemo

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
My 10% number is for maintenance and crew. Does not include moorage, fuel or booze.

Rough rule of thumb is rough.

Lots of yacht crews are grossly underpaid for work done. 11 months work for 13 months pay(month pay for bonus).

decent money can be made, but it comes at a cost. Travelling with a chance of shore leave does offset it though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
pumptrack is legit. if only the actual trails were worth the trip. "official" NC trails have a long way to go before they measure up to the potential of the terrain.
I can be at the knob for some anger management riding in an hour and fifteen minutes from my door. The climb up to the top takes a little over an hour. And there is no shortage of rocks and stupid fast corners.

If you really want a retarded challenge go ride there at night in the winter. There is zero ambient light for miles around, freaking dark, dark, just pitch black. Spooky. Man thong optional.

Dec 3, 2007
pumptrack is legit. if only the actual trails were worth the trip. "official" NC trails have a long way to go before they measure up to the potential of the terrain.
Agreed. Pumptrack was fun; the rest of the trails were OK. It was a good second ride after spending the day at Kerr-Scott though.