Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Many of them do. Bikes help but don't make the problem go away. Can't ride the bike 24/7
A set of $400 bikes hanging upside down in the garage comes with the house, right? Might as well permanently affix them.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Sure it is also babies and getting married. Check out all the shit HGTV is constantly trying to sell you. Watch commercials on any network. They sell you on having to have a family and have kids to be a “real person” and all of the stuff that you get to buy as a result comes naturally.
Not my fault you are living in the previous century and watching regular TV and advertising ;) Seriously. TV ads and regular TV are aimed at 55+-year-olds and young people who mentally are that age.

Also I am probably getting married but only because it's an excuse to have an experience and it won't be a normal church bs pidgeons shitting on you while you pay for distant relatives to get drunk marriage.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not my fault you are living in the previous century and watching regular TV and advertising ;) Seriously. TV ads and regular TV are aimed at 55+-year-olds and young people who mentally are that age.

Also I am probably getting married but only because it's an excuse to have an experience and it won't be a normal church bs pidgeons shitting on you while you pay for distant relatives to get drunk marriage.
I think you are taking this a little too personal.

I'm not saying you are making bad decisions by getting married, having a kid, I'm saying a lot of people are doing these things as a result of social pressures, including advertisements, instead of getting out, experiencing nature, getting healthy, etc. Not everyone needs to be cat 1 road racer or whatever, but I think that these pressures are contributing to our general decay, including the mental (and physical) health issues that you originally posted. I'm saying that the constant blitz from family, friends sometimes, and just about every place you turn, is trying to convince us that we need to do all this other stuff, rather than take care of ourselves.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think you are taking this a little too personal.

I'm not saying you are making bad decisions by getting married, having a kid, I'm saying a lot of people are doing these things as a result of social pressures, including advertisements, instead of getting out, experiencing nature, getting healthy, etc. Not everyone needs to be cat 1 road racer or whatever, but I think that these pressures are contributing to our general decay, including the mental (and physical) health issues that you originally posted. I'm saying that the constant blitz from family, friends sometimes, and just about every place you turn, is trying to convince us that we need to do all this other stuff, rather than take care of ourselves.
I am not taking this personally. I meant it as a joke. I actually despise kids. I prefer animals to people. I just wanted to say the blitz for the family will change but we will still have problems since the family unit is not the underlying problem. We live in a system that basically wants to keep us unhappy so we spend money on useless shit. The job market actually works really well in motivating you to buy stuff when you have no time and feel crap. Though I agree the pro family pressures are idiotic. It's just I think they will be replaced by something else in 20+ years.