Quantcast

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
View attachment 158630
By the time they get to the Lake. The older ones get these lesions on them. Nasty. Eagle fodder.
Looks like the zombie salmon here after they spawn. They basically just start decaying and die over several weeks. They’ll be alive, but poor for eating and death is assured. They pool up and make for quite the spectacle.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Looks like the zombie salmon here after they spawn. They basically just start decaying and die over several weeks. They’ll be alive, but poor for eating and death is assured. They pool up and make for quite the spectacle.
WTF, why is this happening? What did humans fuck up now?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When the males fertilize the eggs. They stir up heavy metals and phosphates in the silt the females lay the eggs in.
And Salmon just die after spawning. Their bodies actually introduce nutrients into the the environment that supports their offspring. It is a feature not a bug.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
WTF, why is this happening? What did humans fuck up now?
Been happening long before humans. It's what makes these salmon bright red, then they get streaks and sores and then they just die in place. Then there's decaying salmon everywhere and feasts for the rest of the food chain, before winter comes and freezes everything. They spend so much energy getting upstream to the spawning areas that they just die afterwards.
1617632474455.png

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
And Salmon just die after spawning. Their bodies actually introduce nutrients into the the environment that supports their offspring. It is a feature not a bug.
It was a Rainbow Trout. They can spawn multiple seasons. Only the males seem to have the lesions.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If only you had a bespoke pocket knife you could protect yourself from the Teddy.
If I've only got an old fashioned Swiss Army knife and not one of the discussed hipster knives, do I use the can opener attachment or the hook to get stones out of horses hooves to fend it off??

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
If I've only got an old fashioned Swiss Army knife and not one of the discussed hipster knives, do I use the can opener attachment or the hook to get stones out of horses hooves to fend it off??
I'm not sure about the answer to that question, but one thing you could do is let Teddy consume your hand/fingers with a $300 fitness ring on it and then claim the subsequent fitness results as your own. You'd crush some KOMs

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whatever implement you use will likely snap back onto your fingers anyway.