Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
why I wear nitrile cloves and eye protection when transporting post dialysis patients. access port blew its clot

View attachment 167895
Totally skeeved out a couple nights ago when I got a transfer from another facility. Septic, massively infected butt abscess. Leaking...goo...all over the place. EMS dudes wearing NO PPE.

Like, literally no PPE. Not even gloves.

teh ick

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Totally skeeved out a couple nights ago when I got a transfer from another facility. Septic, massively infected butt abscess. Leaking...goo...all over the place. EMS dudes wearing NO PPE.

Like, literally no PPE. Not even gloves.

teh ick
so two soon to be really sick dumb MOFO's

I am always gloved, masked, and wearing eye protection during every patient contact. Have been for over 20 years. Probably why I have never gotten ill from a patient.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Toughbooks are still very commonly used by police in their cars.
While it totally makes sense, I had no idea Panasonic was still building them.

Back in my car audio days, nobody bought Panasonic head units because they were boring but the damn things ran forever. The Toyota Camry of car audio.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
While it totally makes sense, I had no idea Panasonic was still building them.

Back in my car audio days, nobody bought Panasonic head units because they were boring but the damn things ran forever. The Toyota Camry of car audio.
I threw a toughbook off a fire escape once. It did not tough enough.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
A few decades ago I saw a video on how they made some "visible human" software where you could slice through various body parts and see a real image.

Turns out they literally froze bodies then used a large milling machine to shave layers off a millimeter at a time, taking pictures as they went.

I worked with CNC machines at the time and on regular old metal cutting machines the coolant tanks would stink like death. Just imagining a chip conveyor full of human hamburger made me throw up a little.

try being is a cold room with gloves and scalpel cutting though 8-10 inches of yellow runny human fat then using gloved hands to scoop said fat into plastic drums for cremation post autopsy. The odor and texture was something else. It took days to get the corpse down to bones and tissues sans skin and fat. I did gross out half the class; sending some to garbage cans to vomit with my remark (I had two gloved handfuls of fat at the time) "This looks like the stuff I make chicken broth out of".