Quantcast

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
that yours? you back in socal to clean up or something?
no I caught him, it’s cold and after I disturbed him he picked a bad spot. It’s a “granite spiny” for those that care.

I’m in SoCal a week a month to work and clean my shit pile of a house. It’s nice, I like driving and my space, I do miss the kids and ms junkyard though. But the weather is nice this time of year.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
"Fall a tree"?

:rofl:
The tree hasn't fallen yet so that would be correct wouldn't it? Going to "fell" a tree has always seemed like an odd term so I go with 'drop' or 'dropped'.
I poisoned a 30ft Liquid Amber without really thinking about what I'm going to do with it afterwards, in hindsight I should have ringbarked the thing then poisoned the stump so I had less contaminated wood.

I am slowly replanting the bush next to me, have been buying local seedlings and re-potting some that need to get a head start. La Nina has made surrounding plants(mostly weeds) grow so quickly that I have lost track of where a few seedlings are. The number of weeds us whities have managed to get in to the country in just over 200 years is sadly impressive.
Buying plants has become too expensive so I am signing up as a bush regen person and the gov will give me free plants, and I get covered by their insurance.
P_20220114_173340.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The tree hasn't fallen yet so that would be correct wouldn't it? Going to "fell" a tree has always seemed like an odd term so I go with 'drop' or 'dropped'.
I poisoned a 30ft Liquid Amber without really thinking about what I'm going to do with it afterwards, in hindsight I should have ringbarked the thing then poisoned the stump so I had less contaminated wood.

I am slowly replanting the bush next to me, have been buying local seedlings and re-potting some that need to get a head start. La Nina has made surrounding plants(mostly weeds) grow so quickly that I have lost track of where a few seedlings are. The number of weeds us whities have managed to get in to the country in just over 200 years is sadly impressive.
Buying plants has become too expensive so I am signing up as a bush regen person and the gov will give me free plants, and I get covered by their insurance.
View attachment 170313
I would search for plant markets or organizations you could be a member of. There are a lot of that in Denmark at least like I am member of the rhododendron society and get tons of inexpensive plants from other members who grow them. Btw be careful with bark if you are trying to grow plants its sucks away energy from the plants until its compost but good weed suppressor for that reason.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I would search for plant markets or organizations you could be a member of. There are a lot of that in Denmark at least like I am member of the rhododendron society and get tons of inexpensive plants from other members who grow them. Btw be careful with bark if you are trying to grow plants its sucks away energy from the plants until its compost but good weed suppressor for that reason.
The Government mob is fine, once I re-enroll I can get up to 200 plants at a time and they will drop off mulch and take away green waste if needed. I have to do an online course, have a site visit then pretend I will wear suitable clothing and won't use a machete or chainsaw :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I think my brother may have joined a couple of groups in Scotland, he has been growing loads of a weird fruit from NZ. It's pretty crazy what you can send in to Scotland in regards to seed quantities, maybe I can send an Australian weed to get them back for the damn Scottish Thistle!