Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do you even need to lubricate oil slick bearings?
They recommend a light oil after cleaning. I've never had ones with removable shields, I'm too cheap for that. These are $1.78 a bearing with a variety of color shields and print options. These are the second most expensive set.

I got 5 different sets coming, 2 ceramic and 1 titanium. I think a set of the ceramic show up today. The titanium were $2 each.

<edit> I used TriFlo back in the day but they say 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil works as good as the expensive Bones Speed Cream.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They recommend a light oil after cleaning. I've never had ones with removable shields, I'm too cheap for that. These are $1.78 a bearing with a variety of color shields and print options. These are the second most expensive set.

I got 5 different sets coming, 2 ceramic and 1 titanium. I think a set of the ceramic show up today. The titanium were $2 each.

<edit> I used TriFlo back in the day but they say 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil works as good as the expensive Bones Speed Cream.

Nice to hear you are keeping your balls clean

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
These look just like the first only with a clear dust cover on the back side. A cool look, interested to see how well they wear. $7.60 a set shipped.

PXL_20221201_223002575.jpg
PXL_20221201_223041490.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We used to play something similar when I worked at Rational. We had PVC hockey sized goals and played basically 5ish a side no keepers at lunch with the Nike folks nearby.
I used to love indoor 5-a-side, played with walls all around the pitch so you could play the ball of the walls. Just nothing allowed over head height.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I used to love indoor 5-a-side, played with walls all around the pitch so you could play the ball of the walls. Just nothing allowed over head height.
I grew up playing outdoor, then moved to Portland and found indoor. As a lifelong keeper, walls were a whole new level.

Portland Indoor Park is a ghetto setup with rafters so anything above about 15' was out of bounds. There are some really nice places, too. But Portland Indoor is historic.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That blows, or maybe not.
It blew and suddenly didn't. With the loudest steel cracking sound I've ever heard. Pretty impressive what broke actually.

It's 830pm and I just finished the driveway I agreed to do if I fixed another neighbor's blower which had a lesser problem, plus the 3ft berm in all the above.

It's amazing what bearings and driveshafts installed in 1997 look like in 2022

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

I’ve always use sewing machine oil, it’s just the right weight, until I got ceramics. Been running ceramics on my longboards for a couple of years now and they’ve been great. The ceramics I have have steel races so I put a teeny bit of lube in, not sure they need it though.