Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Gas explosions are nasty because although the gas does not have a fast shock front (aka true detonation), the effective surface area of an FAE bomb is huge.
Being denser than air means it can hide in places too.
People carry on about hydrogen in cars, at least that shit goes upwards at a fast rate if thee is a leak.
There have been a few burns on truck drivers that have had propane(Hychill etc) charged AC systems go bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Being denser than air means it can hide in places too.
People carry on about hydrogen in cars, at least that shit goes upwards at a fast rate if thee is a leak.
There have been a few burns on truck drivers that have had propane(Hychill etc) charged AC systems go bad.
Back in college a drunk friend was trying to get the gas grill fired up on our front porch, of course while smoking. Don't know what he did but the fucking valve on the tank was spewing gas everywhere at a high rate. Instead of doing the smart thing and just running I grabbed the nearby knife, cut the hose attached to the tank and hurled it into the yard, then ran into the house to get everyone out. Thankfully nothing went kaboom but the grass in the yard where the tank landed never grew the whole time I lived there.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Back in college a drunk friend was trying to get the gas grill fired up on our front porch, of course while smoking. Don't know what he did but the fucking valve on the tank was spewing gas everywhere at a high rate. Instead of doing the smart thing and just running I grabbed the nearby knife, cut the hose attached to the tank and hurled it into the yard, then ran into the house to get everyone out. Thankfully nothing went kaboom but the grass in the yard where the tank landed never grew the whole time I lived there.
Wow, that would not be an enjoyable situation to be in.
A friend of mine had his BBQ gas hose go on fire so he started yelling and whipping it with a tea towel.
That didn't really seem to work so I turned the valve off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wow, that would not be an enjoyable situation to be in.
A friend of mine had his BBQ gas hose go on fire so he started yelling and whipping it with a tea towel.
That didn't really seem to work so I turned the valve off.
If I remember correctly my friend broke part of the valve off trying to open an already open valve with some large channel locks. This was a theme and he was dead just a few years later as a result of his own poor decisions.