Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
JFC.

View attachment 156319

This is an email that was sent to someone I personally know, who works for a government entity. Apparently First Amendment Audits have been a thing for a while... maybe seeing a resurgence or growth in popularity right now because reasons?
It is a fact that the First Amendment does protect your right to let the entire world know that you are an asshole.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
JFC.

View attachment 156319

This is an email that was sent to someone I personally know, who works for a government entity. Apparently First Amendment Audits have been a thing for a while... maybe seeing a resurgence or growth in popularity right now because reasons?
cOnCeRnEd pAtRiOtS

It is a fact that the First Amendment does protect your right to let the entire world know that you are an asshole.
its your first amendment right to express yourself, and it's my first amendment right to judge you by the moronic things you say.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not only do I get that First Amendment rights do cover photographing and recording video in public spaces and that government offices are often considered accessible to the public, but I also do hold our First Amendment rights as something pretty awesome about this country. Well, at least in theory. I do question if and where a line should be drawn where these auditors' right to free speech are now infringing on the ability or rights of a person who is just trying to do their fucking job, man. Their job could be counting beans for the gubmint, and shouldn't they have a right to a safe workspace where they don't feel threatened or attacked? A person should not give up their rights because they work for the government any more than a person who works for a private company. In other words, not every square foot of a gov't office building is in your right to tramp around in recording video. And I guess that's why my friend's officemates are putting up "Employees Only" signs?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not only do I get that First Amendment rights do cover photographing and recording video in public spaces and that government offices are often considered accessible to the public, but I also do hold our First Amendment rights as something pretty awesome about this country. Well, at least in theory. I do question if and where a line should be drawn where these auditors' right to free speech are now infringing on the ability or rights of a person who is just trying to do their fucking job, man. Their job could be counting beans for the gubmint, and shouldn't they have a right to a safe workspace where they don't feel threatened or attacked? A person should not give up their rights because they work for the government any more than a person who works for a private company. In other words, not every square foot of a gov't office building is in your right to tramp around in recording video. And I guess that's why my friend's officemates are putting up "Employees Only" signs?
i just remembered when they wanted to storm area 51 :rofl:

note: at least in my world (job), we have procedures for handling auditors - one of the first things they have to do when requested is provide their credentials to prove they are an actual auditor and not joe schmoe hillbilly who thinks he's gunna gitcha

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
and shouldn't they have a right to a safe workspace where they don't feel threatened or attacked?
Yes. Fuck yes.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

Nothing in the 1st Amendment speaks to individuals being a dick, nor any other individuals from punching them in the mouth for doing either. Just that the Gubmint can't enact a law prohibiting you from being said dick.
Trespassing? Lock 'em up.