Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well, there are a few hundred subsidized units coming on line this year, that should help a little.
They're called slave quarters. They're popping up here too.

Not that I give a shit about someone who buys a sugarbread sammich franchise to sell overpriced garbage but it's an impossible situation. You can only charge so much for a subway "sammich" but you can't pay people enough to live there, based on that price ceiling and whatever income you could possibly predict.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
More to make you wet

I'm not even going to read that. Jackson was undergoing a 'housing crisis' in the 90s the first time I ever went out there. They didn't do shit then, they won't do shit now, and they won't ever do jackshit. American idiots think housing shortages are a result of lack of structures. It never is.

The answer is not shitbox houses for the poor but more along the lines of not letting millionaires and billionaires habits dictate how everyone else has to live. But jackson sold its soul a century ago and made that approach to civic proceedings their fucking mantra.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Actually, in defense of a staunch Republican, (gasp) Joe Rice is an interesting story. He is not a Trump republican, but an old school type. He owns Sidewinders, Liberty Burgers, Merry Piglets, Noodle, and I think one or two others. He personally used his money (and leverage) to have a nice 90 unit building put up in town for principly his employees, who will actually pay a very fair rent.
He also wants to build a non-profit indoor soccer/rec center, because so many of his employees dig fútbol, and it will contribute to their happiness here in winter.
He is a true boot-strapper, and to this day will roll up his sleeves at any of his restaurants and dish dive or whatever if they need the help. He also helps his employees with tuition for higher education of all sorts.
So there are tiny glimmers of hope.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Actually, in defense of a staunch Republican, (gasp) Joe Rice is an interesting story. He is not a Trump republican, but an old school type. He owns Sidewinders, Merry Piglets, Noodle, and I think one or two others. He personally used his money (and leverage) to have a nice 90 unit building put up in town for principly his employees, who will actually pay a very fair rent.
He also wants to build a non-profit indoor soccer/rec center, because so many of his employees dig fútbol, and it will contribute to their happiness here in winter.
He is a true boot-strapper, and to this day will roll up his sleeves at any of his restaurants and dish dive or whatever if they need the help. He also helps his employees with tuition for higher education of all sorts.
So there are tiny glimmers of hope.
Joe Rice will not save Jackson. And I'd hazard a guess that it's those same small gov't mindsets he likely espouses that led to the tax free playground for assholes that every mountain town in america is, but especially Jackson. He's building houses but mostly for his employees....sweet, maybe he can pay them in script credits they can use for rent and at his businesses. All of this has already been done in the past. It's not a solution.

edit: Wilson is now MORE expensive? Jesus christ.......

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wilson has always been more expensive than town. As of 2010, there were only two properties in town of Jackson worth over $1M.
That has certainly changed, but Wilson is where the real money is. Everyone wants to be near JHMR.
Town has traditionally been much more downscale.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wilson has always been more expensive than town.
Oh I can definitely see it now. Didn't seem that way in the 90s. I was looking because I knew I was moving somewhere with snow (ended up here obviously). Totally makes sense now given proximity to the pass and not being in the chaos of town, but town and the pass are obviously a different scene now. People were telling us to look in wilson/moose for rentals back then too. Everything's just a mess now. Everywhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Read Fair Land, Fair Land and it would seem Jackson has been going to shit for 180 years.

Getting priced out of the resort lifestyle is a WPP compared to getting murdered for the same land. In a fair country we should benefit from government mandated extermination based on race and not wealth.

Perhaps a bumper sticker declaring that you are a native will help get the point of across.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
resort lifestyle
LOL

"getting priced out of major cities prime metro real estate is a WPP"

"getting priced out of neighborhoods by the beach prime beach front opportunities is a WPP"

Because every community starts as a gentrified bidding war....

I resisting the urge to go down the list of I-70 corridor towns west of vail that started out as industrial dumps or comparable that are now 'resort lifestyle' or whatever you want to call it as aspen and vail effects have encroached from two directions.

This is far far far from just a rich honkey competition board. It's colonialism's modern face.

Hadn't heard of that book title. I'll check it out. Especially if helps me bag on jackson.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I am not sure you need any help! :busted:
.........if only I saw the things you saw........

Honestly man, it's not much different here. We still have some poors community fortunately, at least for a little while longer. The biggest difference is the way county lines are drawn, we're not complete freedom land like teton, we just generate a shit ton of taxes that we never see the benefit of because it all flows downhill to the more urban end on the outskirts of sacramento. Jackson has a higher ceiling of stupidity and got a head start but few places courted millionaires in a race to the bottom like Jackson. Along with the cities you know, I see these communities as the bleeding edge indicators of american rot. They're good warning signs.

There's a pic somewhere of Yvon chinalphabet playing golf with Dick Cheney out there.......I just know it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Surely a message that will resonate with the common man.

How many guillotines will fit in this "friends" hangar?
well she knows how to pander to the base.

will be curious to see how this goes. will the GOP base's hatred over their poors & minorities & democrats overcome their hatred of trans people?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Surely a message that will resonate with the common man.

How many guillotines will fit in this "friends" hangar?

She's also vocal about keeping transgender women out of women's sports..............while herself participating in women's golf tournaments.

She is a fucking moron. With a very clear path to governorship in this state paved by a dumb actor in the 60's and a dumb weightlifter turned actor in the 00's

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
well she knows how to pander to the base.

will be curious to see how this goes. will the GOP base's hatred over their poors & minorities & democrats overcome their hatred of trans people?

Their biggest fear should be of reality tv stars who think they can serve in a public leadership position.