Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have you ever watched a prime ministerial election cycle in the UK?

It's insane. It's like a month long.

And by insane I mean "sane"
Big deference, a General Election in the UK you're not directly voting for the PM though, you're voting for your local MP. The leader of the party who wins the most seats then becomes PM and the party can decide to drop that person as PM.

Still indirectly a popularity contest for the party leaders, but not like over here.

Edit: and you can still end up with that ^^

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Big deference, a General Election in the UK you're not directly voting for the PM though, you're voting for your local MP. The leader of the party who wins the most seats then becomes PM and the party can decide to drop that person as PM.

Still indirectly a popularity contest for the party leaders, but not like over here.

Edit: and you can still end up with that ^^
Length of the process, not the subtle differences in procedure were what I was commenting on. You know exactly what I'm talking about too. Our shit lasts 3 years now.

You may still end up with fancy lad shitbags but at least it doesn't consume millenia and throw millions of dollars in the toilet.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It'll be a cold day in hell before I give any politician money as a donation.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Length of the process, not the subtle differences in procedure were what I was commenting on. You know exactly what I'm talking about too. Our shit lasts 3 years now.

You may still end up with fancy lad shitbags but at least it doesn't consume millenia and throw millions of dollars in the toilet.
Totally agreed, ridiculous levels of time and money wasted on bullshit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ricky gervais made tv series about making fun of a poor guy who had no higher education

fuck that guy. Everybody makes fun of india for their caste system but they got that shit from england where it's very much alive and well with the 'posh' class....which that guy loves to remind everyone he's part of

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Everybody makes fun of india for their caste system but they got that shit from england where it's very much alive and well with the 'posh' class....which that guy loves to remind everyone he's part of
No.
No they didn't.
The Indian caste system predates imperial english invasion by literally centuries.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hopefully they rename themselves to "satisfying the machine" to keep up with all the dumbfucks who never knew what they were about in the first place. :rofl:
i specifically remember a group of people (today we'd call them BROS) in high school that liked RATM specifically because they said "fuck" a lot.

these same people now live within 20 minutes of where they grew up if that tells you any thing else about them.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i specifically remember a group of people (today we'd call them BROS) in high school that liked RATM specifically because they said "fuck" a lot.

these same people now live within 20 minutes of where they grew up if that tells you any thing else about them.
My friend's dad bought Evil Empire for me at the ripe old age of 10, cause my mom wouldn't let me have parental advisory CDs. Boy was that album an eye opener, not just for the language, but for the ideas that would be unthinkable in our little suburban enclave. :rofl:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Who would have thought inserting a totally new country into a place where people already lived could be a problem?