Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was listening to a report on the news yesterday about "the forgotten famine" - the Holodomor. They interviewed survivors who were children at the time, and remembered families trying to figure out what to do... One survivor said his parents decided to kill their two young daughters to focus on allowing the son to survive. Maybe this should go in the zero-faith in humanity thread, but since we're on the topic here... I thought I'd share.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I was listening to a report on the news yesterday about "the forgotten famine" - the Holodomor. They interviewed survivors who were children at the time, and remembered families trying to figure out what to do... One survivor said his parents decided to kill their two young daughters to focus on allowing the son to survive. Maybe this should go in the zero-faith in humanity thread, but since we're on the topic here... I thought I'd share.
there are a bunch of pictures of human meat for sale during that atrocity. A lot of people died but few know about it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
there are a bunch of pictures of human meat for sale during that atrocity. A lot of people died but few know about it.
A quick gander on wikipedia seems to place the number between 3 million and 10 million. Seems many contemporary western scholars think it's closer to 7 million. it boggles the mind.

reminds of this:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Silver recommended a book in another thread that I've forgotten called "Bloodlands" that is about this subject. As I recall it came up when I mentioned that the maternal side of my family drew heritage pretty far back into the eastern Poland/Ukraine region, and that a bunch of the males in the family went into the Katyn Woods and were never seen again. The remainder fled to the States shortly thereafter.

But yeah, the book is grim reading.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@kidwoo Holly shit, this wacko is running for train commissioner. Gawd you just can't make this stuff up.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo Holly shit, this wacko is running for train commissioner. Gawd you just can't make this stuff up.

she's not wrong.....

“Why do we get so upset as as a as a state as a nation, whatever, about sex?” Stogner added. "Let’s get angry about stuff that doesn’t have to do with love. Let’s get angry about pollution and lying and stealing and evil.”

Stogner called the Express-News' decision to rescind its endorsement a "knee-jerk reaction." She also said she is a victim of sexism. Texas Monthly pointed out that the Express-News has not rescinded its endorsement of another GOP candidate who recently called for civil war on social media.

"When you have boobs, you get held to different standards," Stogner told the magazine.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
“Why do we get so upset as as a as a state as a nation, whatever, about sex?” Stogner added. "Let’s get angry about stuff that doesn’t have to do with love. Let’s get angry about pollution and lying and stealing and evil.”

Because nudity and sex are the same thing, and sex and love are too. Lying, stealing, and evil are never connected to women in skimpy costumes. Let me do this silly stunt to show you how serious I am.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Because nudity and sex are the same thing, and sex and love are too. Lying, stealing, and evil are never connected to women in skimpy costumes. Let me do this silly stunt to show you how serious I am.
wanna bet the sugar hill gang sues her for copyright infringement for using their song? her zero dollar campaign will get expensive FAST

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I laughed, but I am really unhappy about what is going on.

It is very bad, but honestly not too different that what the US has done to a bunch of other countries over and over again. We just choose 3rd world countries full of brown people with lower stakes.