Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Yes stepping on homeless people will always be a way to elevate one's self amirite?

Read this when you get a chance.

The city of San Diego needs to do more. Which I think was the point of this. San Diego downtown area is covered feces and piss, let’s not forget about the hepatitis outbreak. But what else is new.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The city of San Diego needs to do more. Which I think was the point of this. San Diego downtown area is covered feces and piss, let’s not forget about the hepatitis outbreak. But what else is new.
Sure but criminalizing poverty is bullshit. No one wants to step in shit but desert death for the shitter with nowhere else to shit is some even more fucked up shit.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Sure but criminalizing poverty is bullshit. No one wants to step in shit but desert death for the shitter with nowhere else to shit is some even more fucked up shit.
while I agree with you. Two different issues and that meme thing above doesn’t promote desert death but calls into question San Diego’s nitpickyness about what’s in residents trash receptacles while being cool with shit and piss everywhere.

the people doing drugs in a tent are different from poor people in rvs. San Diego county is not LA county. Not all of LA county is in the desert and plenty of people are homeless in the non desert parts.

also most people only want to criminalize the trash and human waste dumping. How many homeless up in Tahoe starting forest fires and trashing up the place? Shooting at mountain bikers, motorcyclists and dumping their black tanks in the woods.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How many homeless up in Tahoe starting forest fires and trashing up the place? Shooting at mountain bikers, motorcyclists and dumping their black tanks in the woods.
about 7-12 per year. Here's the most recent.

Happens every summer, this is 2007 (which is incidentally in the last real estate runaway before crashing)

Don't know of any bullets flying at mtbers, it's usually screaming old ladies with walking sticks and wolf shirts.

The forest dumping is so bad the USFS doesn't open gates anymore.

clifnotes: there's a huge homeless population that moves in here every summer from sacramento and reno. There's also an entire wave of entitled vanlifer scum that do the exact same things just because they're lazy, even though they absolutely have the resources. I've been to san diego though, we have an office there. I know it's bad. But cops and tickets to people that have no money is just pissing in the wind and devolves into abuse.

Back to the dookie, you can write tickets and jail people all day long with overpaid cops. OR, you can put out some portapotties that are a hell of a lot cheaper to service than some cop's incompetence.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
about 7-12 per year. Here's the most recent.

Happens every summer, this is 2007 (which is incidentally in the last real estate runaway before crashing)

Don't know of any bullets flying at mtbers, it's usually screaming old ladies with walking sticks and wolf shirts.

The forest dumping is so bad the USFS doesn't open gates anymore.

clifnotes: there's a huge homeless population that moves in here every summer from sacramento and reno. There's also an entire wave of entitled vanlifer scum that do the exact same things just because they're lazy, even though they absolutely have the resources. I've been to san diego though, we have an office there. I know it's bad. But cops and tickets to people that have no money is just pissing in the wind and devolves into abuse.

Back to the dookie, you can write tickets and jail people all day long with overpaid cops. OR, you can put out some portapotties that are a hell of a lot cheaper to service than some cop's incompetence.
I’m firmly in the ports potty’s and van lifers dieing in the desert camp. And dumpsters. The house less do a great job of reusing and recycling, they reduce things too but not in sense of the saying.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Also I’m surprised at tahoes homeless population. Dam.
friggin hot down the hill! It's statewide. It's everywhere. It really is a state gov't crisis that is being handled poorly everywhere.

This is mostly homeless camps they're busting up.
tnf_dumping.JPG

That's not in the basin proper but close by. There are 3 tents in the woods just behind my house right now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The house less do a great job of reusing and recycling, they reduce things too but not in sense of the saying.
I'm sure you saw this

Yet another move that essentially serves the larger wave of criminalizing homelessness in a state that has more 'protected/conserved' dry grass hillsides than any culture in history. Half my town is short term rentals and people whine about servants that have no place to live. This state is neoliberalism come full ripe. It's downright inhumane at this point.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are an average of 3 fires per day with a few explosians littered here and there in Seattle homeless camps.
I'm sure you saw this

Yet another move that essentially serves the larger wave of criminalizing homelessness in a state that has more 'protected/conserved' dry grass hillsides than any culture in history. Half my town is short term rentals and people whine about servants that have no place to live. This state is neoliberalism come full ripe. It's downright inhumane at this point.
Stupid law as a chop shop for stolen bicycles is already illegal. Heaven forbid that they have to do some work to identify stolen goods vs arbitrarily enforcing laws on what is generally a non-offensive offense.

Seattle has taken the opposite approach where rightfully homelessness is not illegal but extending that to where nothing the homeless do is illegal. So there are homeless camps that are obvious markets for stolen bikes and things like generators and nothing is done about it. Often the people running such operations aren't even homeless, they just use the camps as cover for lawlessness and just intimidate others for a piece of turf. Not only does this negatively impact the surrounding communities and directs their ire towards the homeless but it exposes any honest person without a home trying to survive to criminal elements. Sometimes doing nothing is just as bad as doing the wrong thing. That was at least the approach from our last administration, the new mayor seems to at least be doing something while actually helping people who need it. Time will tell how it all works out.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man I remember huge homeless encampments in downtown seattle 15-20 years ago.

That's kind of most of what these bigger west coast cities do, either the wrong thing or nothing without ever realizing there are other options. But it threatens potential bidness capital so they just sit on their asses and either end up like laissez faire seattle, or cracking skulls like socal. They both suck and both end up affecting business anyway. But god forbid we take cop money and do something productive with it.

Our problem with housing is the same as it is with healthcare. It's a market to be exploited, not a fundamental human necessity that gets addressed as such. So until that changes, the merry go round continues. And gets worse in fancy cities and worse when housing markets do what they're doing.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Man I remember huge homeless encampments in downtown seattle 15-20 years ago.

That's kind of most of what these bigger west coast cities do, either the wrong thing or nothing without ever realizing there are other options. But it threatens potential bidness capital so they just sit on their asses and either end up like laissez faire seattle, or cracking skulls like socal. They both suck and both end up affecting business anyway. But god forbid we take cop money and do something productive with it.

Our problem with housing is the same as it is with healthcare. It's a market to be exploited, not a fundamental human necessity that gets addressed as such. So until that changes, the merry go round continues. And gets worse in fancy cities and worse when housing markets do what they're doing.
Yeah, that was called the jungle. It got shut down after a night of multiple homicides when the resulting investigation uncovered an extensive child sex trafficking ring. People shouldn't be punished for being homeless, but government also has the responsiblilty to ensure they have safe living conditions like the rest of society.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
a night of multiple homicides when the resulting investigation uncovered an extensive child sex trafficking ring.
jfc :rofl:

the wild west right in the middle of some of the densest structural society around

Socially correct cityfolk (the wierdos that get elected like jenny durkan) are so scared to touch that kinda stuff you end up with that mess. SF is the same way although now it's swinging back to cracking skulls so the fancy people don't have an unsightly view.

CA literally solved a significant portion of the housing issue overnight when the state just put people in hotels during covid. People were able to get jobs and get a start if they wanted.

We already forgot about all that though, and heaven knows, there's real estate commissions to be made now!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
friggin hot down the hill! It's statewide. It's everywhere. It really is a state gov't crisis that is being handled poorly everywhere.

This is mostly homeless camps they're busting up.
View attachment 179435

That's not in the basin proper but close by. There are 3 tents in the woods just behind my house right now.
It's gotten this way here, especially post COVID. The good Christian leaders of COS have been taking a pretty aggressive stance against the burgeoning homeless population, especially downtown. At least in these parts, one need not travel very far to suddenly be in the woods, and it quite quickly becomes the Forest Services problem.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not exactly but sorta kinda

Sued for, and "settled"

Notice any fun names tagged?

Whoever created that meme shot low

I'd also like to point out that nypost is the "highest quality" journalism outlet that comes up in two pages of searching this shit. I'm sparing you the breitbart and fReEdOmChIcKeNnEwS.cOm links
I bet those organizations that "settled" are reconsidering who they have on retainer tonight