Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If you haven't cared about work for so long why are you still working?

I have taken several mid-life retirements and am looking to go permanent by 57.
I took a couple short retirements, but the "usual" responsibilities have kept me at it. I'm hoping to go permanent on about the same schedule as yourself... though health insurance will probably be the wild card. :disgust:

I cared about work for my entire career.
Good for you. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I took a couple short retirements, but the "usual" responsibilities have kept me at it. I'm hoping to go permanent on about the same schedule as yourself... though health insurance will probably be the wild card. :disgust:

Good for you. :thumb:
Healthcare is what is stopping me from retirement in a few years. I am considering becoming a full time student, tuition plus student health insurance is cheaper than buying my own health insurance.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I took a hiatus in my 30s when I was young, dumb, and making a shit ton of money. I wish now I hadn't done that. I mean, I had a LOT of good times, but probably I'd be way closer to being done than I am today if I hadn't and invested more wisely.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I took a hiatus in my 30s when I was young, dumb, and making a shit ton of money. I wish now I hadn't done that. I mean, I had a LOT of good times, but probably I'd be way closer to being done than I am today if I hadn't and invested more wisely.
I took 8 months off after my company got dissolved in 2009 and jobs were scarce, then again to go back to school for fun after working a low paying job. Actually grad school was probably a really good investment.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i like and care about what i do and appreciate the flexibility i've created for myself by doing a good job at it. i am happy to keep working until whenever i'm tired of it. ymmv. right now i have no random poly pictures to offer. :wave:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
i like and care about what i do and appreciate the flexibility i've created for myself by doing a good job at it. i am happy to keep working until whenever i'm tired of it. ymmv. right now i have no random poly pictures to offer. :wave:
in that camp as well. the last couple years sucked for plague reasons, and i detest management. but at base i still very much like what i do despite some of the conditions. doing your work well and taking pride in that seems a dying ideal.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Too busy scarfing man anus to pluralize "policies" correctly. First thing to go in The Great Reset is grammar, everyone knows that