Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Not sure that is a good thing. Instead of using 12yr old kids working 10hrs a day to make substandard products, they must be buying from the companies using 8yr olds working 14hr days...
Costco is famous for treating their workers well and being very successful. They sell everything, not just crap like Walmart and the have very good return policies people like too...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Costco is famous for treating their workers well and being very successful. They sell everything, not just crap like Walmart and the have very good return policies people like too...
I'm not talking about Costco and I don't shop there because it doesn't save me a bunch of $$, I'm talking about that winco or whatever that you were talking about.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not sure that is a good thing. Instead of using 12yr old kids working 10hrs a day to make substandard products, they must be buying from the companies using 8yr olds working 14hr days...
Actually a lot of the meat/produce is locally sourced. It's a grocery store, not Target. But Oregon does use migrant workers, so your point might still be somewhat valid. :panic:

<edit>

For over 40 years WinCo Foods has fostered a tradition of success by focusing on very large stores with a wide selection of national brands at prices below our competition. In addition, the very nature of having employee stockholders that have seen their Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Pension Plan) grow at a 21.51% annual compound growth rate creates an extremely dedicated workforce. This has made WinCo a very successful company, one which in 1998 was listed as #266th on Forbes Magazine&#8217;s List of 500 largest Privately Held Companies and recently in 2011 holding to the 66th spot on the list.
Their prices are cheap as sh!t, too. When I first moved to Oregon, I shopped at Fred Meyer (somewhat local grocer) until I wandered into Winco (then Cub Foods). Bag your own sh!t and get out. I saved over 30% my first big shopping trip, now I get 90% of my crap there.

They have 3 different gluten free pastas available in bulk.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That seems just a tad bit reactionary.
i would have gone with staged...

on the other hand...i saw this video of a woman getting bullwhipped in a backyard and she absolutely loved it...

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Actually a lot of the meat/produce is locally sourced. It's a grocery store, not Target. But Oregon does use migrant workers, so your point might still be somewhat valid. :panic:

<edit>

Their prices are cheap as sh!t, too. When I first moved to Oregon, I shopped at Fred Meyer (somewhat local grocer) until I wandered into Winco (then Cub Foods). Bag your own sh!t and get out. I saved over 30% my first big shopping trip, now I get 90% of my crap there.

They have 3 different gluten free pastas available in bulk.
I picked this up on one of those Winco facebook threads:

"i don't know what or where you got your information about the hourly wage but i work for WinCo and most in my store and department make WAY WAY under $11/hr...we're around $8-9/hour....and from what i have seen and read, that's about the SAME as what WalMart may pay their employees...just saying, LOL"
Is it true? I don't know, but it's amazing how rapidly things gain steam with a little blurb about a business that most people with money hate (walmart), making the alternative seem like an angel's white a$$.