Quantcast

Random Poly Picture Thread

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
on so many levels, mr moore is horribly misinformed on this topic, and has selective outrage. shall we now look at any of his pet corps who do business w/ china, or any other country who is "hostile to women's rights"?

oops.

here, let's meet almost halfway:

Coupon is expired there genius..but as you know all, I am sure you were trying to be ironic. Simplest fact on the whole Hobby Lobby kerfluffle is that your boss has no business in your doctors office. Health care decisions should be made by a patient and his or her doctor. Period.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Simplest fact on the whole Hobby Lobby kerfluffle is that your boss has no business in your doctors office. Health care decisions should be made by a patient and his or her doctor. Period.
if you ask me to underwrite your health decisions, i get to have a say as to what i will subsidize. you are more than free to get your own uncovered procedures/meds on your own dime.

8 day late period.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Screw it, I don't want to pay for preggors either. If those sluts want to sit at home and pop out babies all day, go for it, just don't ask me to pay for it. You don't want to cover my wife's contraception ($30/month), I don't want to cover pregnancies or childbirth of any sort ($10k+).

As a matter of fact, I only want to pay for things that directly affect me. Period. Why should I have to pay for anyone else in the first place?

Oh right, that whole "insurance" thing.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The misconception/disinformation campaign on the Right leads the frothers to believe that this is a wholly paid for subsidized Hobby Lobby plan. It is not. This is a benefit, paid for partly by the employee and partly by the company...not an entitlement. And it is always interesting to see and hear the "Me want small gubbmint!" crowd call for government to make decisions for people...hypocrite much?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Screw it, I don't want to pay for preggors either. If those sluts want to sit at home and pop out babies all day, go for it, just don't ask me to pay for it. You don't want to cover my wife's contraception ($30/month), I don't want to cover pregnancies or childbirth of any sort ($10k+).

As a matter of fact, I only want to pay for things that directly affect me. Period. Why should I have to pay for anyone else in the first place?

Oh right, that whole "insurance" thing.
as you've pointed out, it isn't simply a numbers game. this seems like a good topic for its own thread, if someone else is inclined (i'm currently at my limit of 1/month)

The misconception/disinformation campaign on the Right leads the frothers to believe that this is a wholly paid for subsidized Hobby Lobby plan. It is not. This is a benefit, paid for partly by the employee and partly by the company...not an entitlement. And it is always interesting to see and hear the "Me want small gubbmint!" crowd call for government to make decisions for people...hypocrite much?
it's a good thing the left is fair & balanced, the voice of reason, with the wisdom of Solomon (see what i did there, you filthy, unwashed infidel?)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
as you've pointed out, it isn't simply a numbers game. this seems like a good topic for its own thread, if someone else is inclined (i'm currently at my limit of 1/month)
Yeah, sorry, it is a numbers game. Everyone wants to get back at least what they put in... Which is why you have fatties demanding that insurance cover things like diabetes medicine while refusing to pay for contraception coverage for anyone else.

An obese woman at my wife's office had "complications" during her childbirth (to put it mildly). C-section, the woman almost died, and required numerous surgeries after the fact... Considering a normal c-section can cost $50k, I shudder to think how much the entire hospital bill came to.

And yet we (healthy, in-shape, childless) should be expected to pay for that for other people, but shouldn't have our own contraception covered? Really?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Yeah, sorry, it is a numbers game.
"not *simply* a numbers game" is what i wrote. there's a set of morals & [religious] rights that gets argued -- and in this round -- more successfully than arguments that run counter. and i will quickly acknowledge the passion with which they are argued is selective (don't hear much clamoring to abide by romans 12:1-2, which speaks to how we treat our bodies -- i'm looking at *you*, fatty). also, compare health issues born out of alcohol abuse; clearly also a biblical no-no
And yet we (healthy, in-shape, childless) should be expected to pay for that for other people, but shouldn't have our own contraception covered? Really?
you also pay for schools you & your family will never use (and in some cases, are forbidden by law to set foot on, much like a military installation). file under "general welfare", perhaps?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
also, compare health issues born out of alcohol abuse; clearly also a biblical no-no
Clearly? Wasn't JC the dude who turned water into wine? I'd think if alcohol was a biblical no-no, he would have turned wine into pure water?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
"not *simply* a numbers game" is what i wrote. there's a set of morals & [religious] rights that gets argued -- and in this round -- more successfully than arguments that run counter. and i will quickly acknowledge the passion with which they are argued is selective (don't hear much clamoring to abide by romans 12:1-2, which speaks to how we treat our bodies -- i'm looking at *you*, fatty). also, compare health issues born out of alcohol abuse; clearly also a biblical no-no
you also pay for schools you & your family will never use (and in some cases, are forbidden by law to set foot on, much like a military installation). file under "general welfare", perhaps?
Yeah, tried that argument a couple years ago with my sister (school teacher, 3 kids, all c-section, etc) aaaaaaand it went over like a fart in church. There was zero connection between the fact that I was paying for her children through insurance costs, property taxes (schools), etc, and the fact that she didn't want to pay for anyone else's health care costs...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
it's a good thing the left is fair & balanced, the voice of reason, with the wisdom of Solomon (see what i did there, you filthy, unwashed infidel?)
I can honestly say that the Left is far more fair and balanced, as it includes those from all walks of life, and demands equality for them...while the Right seems to be comprised mostly of rich, hypocritical white guys...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I can honestly say that the Left is far more fair and balanced, as it includes those from all walks of life, and demands equality for them...
just as long as those poor brown/black/white people don't try to live in your neighborhood or have affordable housing constructed anywhere near you.

yeah.

you love them.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I can honestly say that the Left is far more fair and balanced, as it includes those from all walks of life, and demands equality for them...while the Right seems to be comprised mostly of rich, hypocritical white guys...

for this to be true, the "right" must be up to some awful shi7

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

probably a good thing we had a guy* quit at work recently, or i'd be here all day

*young, urban, childless, entitlement-minded, foot-stamping-you-can't-make-me-work-more-than-40-hrs-per-week-or-come-into-the-office-screw-you-i-quit

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
you have, and can, do much better than a hair-flip dismissal like that.

my point is: left/right zealots are left/right zealots. no one gets a pass, and no camp is worthy of praise.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you have, and can, do much better than a hair-flip dismissal like that.

my point is: left/right zealots are left/right zealots. no one gets a pass, and no camp is worthy of praise.
Show me a left side cheering section that resembles Rush/Hanity/Faux & Friendz and I'll agree to that. Yes, there are crazies everywhere, but there are a lot more on the right.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.
So just suck on that for a little while.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Show me a left side cheering section that resembles Rush/Hanity/Faux & Friendz and I'll agree to that. Yes, there are crazies everywhere, but there are a lot more on the right.
true, the ones i already presented seem to have no issue with trading high minded barbs with salty language in public
and just 2 (two) clicks deeper, we find this:
The Ideological-Conflict Hypothesis - Intolerance Among Both Liberals and Conservatives

good thing i'm a slack-jawed yokel, for sucking is second nature (as long as it's not a gov't teet)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is pretty simple to create a simple socio-economic matrix that describes conservatives and liberals from a Darwinian perspective.

Wealthy liberals: Willing to give to the less fortunate, be they lazy or unfortunate. This cannot be described as the smartest approach unless you are afraid the masses will revolt and kill your offspring.

Poor liberals: Want **** from the wealthy. Not the most admirable group when considering the American work ethic. Requires wealthy liberals to be successful.

Wealthy Conservatives: Want **** from the poor. Requires large numbers of oppressed or dumb poor people to be successful.

Poor Conservatives: Want to give **** to the wealthy. ****ing morons, probably why they are poor. Requires cheap beer to reproduce large quantities of more slack jawed morons.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
true, the ones i already presented seem to have no issue with trading high minded barbs with salty language in public
and just 2 (two) clicks deeper, we find this:
The Ideological-Conflict Hypothesis - Intolerance Among Both Liberals and Conservatives

good thing i'm a slack-jawed yokel, for sucking is second nature (as long as it's not a gov't teet)
I've never said there aren't jackasses on both sides, I'm just saying the scales are a little lopsided.

Ever notice how LOUD conservatives are? "If I am louder than you, I must be right" seems to be how it plays out on Fox.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"If I am louder than you, I must be right" seems to be how it plays out on Fox.
correct, b/c MSNBC is just an echo-chamber, lacking any serious potential even-handed debate.

also, stop watching fox & you'll be more at peace

worked for me.